Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: VCRX Output gone from Connect App once set pulsed

VCRX Output gone from Connect App once set pulsed

Anyone know why an output that is changed to "pulsed" on the VCRX will no longer show up in the connect App under "Misc"? If its set to maintained it appears, but the moment you change it its gone. Thanks

That explains why I had some outputs showing up on a 10.6 on HC+. I have to go back, and I'll switch to a pulsed contact and see if the outputs disappear.

My guess, pulsed contacts are often used for garage doors. Lutron would most likely not allow a garage door to be remotely activated as you would have no idea of the status, or if anything/anyone was in the way.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

3. Likes dvpvic liked this post
    Yes thats exactly what I did, went back changed the output to maintained, and voila it appeared! Makes sense about the garage door opening remotely issue with that. But its not like a million consumers can't do that with their smartphones nowadays... though the never GDO prob have improved safety features.

I'm able to open my garage remotely with the Home+ app... so i dought thats the reason

They keyword here probably is "Home +App" The new version of the app (Connect) won't allow this. Unless Im missing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trax95008 View Post
    I'm able to open my garage remotely with the Home+ app... so i dought thats the reason

The quote i'm referring to is "Lutron wouldn't allow that" my point was that the Home+ app is a "lutron" app, and it is possible to open the garage. Now referring to the Home Control app, im still able to open my garage just the same while away from my house. But i understand that the topic wasn't "how to open a garage door" but rather why dont the outputs show up in the app. I dont have an answer to that, but i wish it did so that i could use siri to open my garage!!!