Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How to Dim LED strip lights with Caseta

How to Dim LED strip lights with Caseta

Hello,

I'm struggling with how to piece together a DIY project. II am in the final stage of a dedicated home theater build. There are 4 lighting zones in the theater and I am using Caseta to control each zone & create viewing scenes. The 4th zone will be three backlit LED movie posters. Each will be wall mounted & I have a recessed outlet located behind each frame location. All 3 locations run to a single switch.

I have not been able to find any 'pre-made' movie poster boxes that are can be dimmed with a Caseta dimmer, so now I'm looking to construct my own. My knowledge of piecing together power supplies, transformers, etc is a bit lacking (but I was able to figure out how to do 60LF of RGB ceiling cove lighting, so I think I can figure this out as well with a bit of direction). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Each poster box will have approx 50LF of strip light. So, there will be 50' plugged into outlet 1, 50' plugged into outlet 2, 50' plugged into outlet 3 - which would make for a total of 150LF going to a single switch (I think this is important to figure out the full load on the switch?? not sure)

I have purchased a Caseta dimmer switch, but maybe I might have got the wrong one - the one I have is the standard dimmer, pd-6wcl, but some of the research I have done I am thinking it might need to be the PRO dimmer, PD-10NXD

Can anyone recommend what is needed for transformer/driver/power supply & striplight brand to try to get all of this to work?

Thanks.

ws2813 addressable led strip

ws2813 led is ws2812 update version,dual-signal wires , signal break-point continuous transmission ,the ws2812b is regular addressable with one data wire, V+&V-. learn more please link https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta....list.4.qYMpSi

jessie@witop-tech.com

Stay with products sold here in the US. CALRAD is a good choice. They will assist you when you call. Also, try 1000bulbs.com.

I've used the Caseta lamp dimmer combined with the Armacost Lighting LED power supply dimmable driver and had fantastic results. The dimming is highly linear and dims way, way down without flicker or any of the typical problems. Because the lamp dimmer has the C-L dimming circuitry, I presume the in-wall dimmer would behave the same. In the past, I've preferred to use magnetic LED drivers (with Ra2 and HomeWorks), but this driver performers so well that it's changed my mind and I'll use this one going forward.

Of course, my LED lighting was 12v, and single-color (not RGB).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4c27c905-cd9b-4c5b-826a-cb4c03a79400_1000.jpg  

5. Thanks R0CKnU thanked for this post