Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HomeKit Programmable Switch Support

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Parr View Post
    Not only Pico support, but Scene integration also. Allow triggering a Lutron Smarthub scene from HomeKit.
    I don’t think Apple supports triggering scenes outside of HomeKit. Why not just recreate your scene in HomeKit?

Quote Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
    I don’t think Apple supports triggering scenes outside of HomeKit. Why not just recreate your scene in HomeKit?
    When triggering multiple lights from 3rd party systems there is often a small delay. When you trigger a scene in the Lutron hub the lights all fade in perfect unison. I currently have a homeseer setup with Lutron integrated and most of my light automation is triggering Lutron scenes as while I can recreate them in HS it is a much more magic experience when they all fade together.

Also I’d be curious if Lutron would be able to have the Scenes show up in HomeKit as on/off switches, since switches are a HomeKit allowed device. Then you could create an automation that turns on a scene.

In the Lutron app, if you happen to set all the lights in a scene to the same level in the scene, it automatically highlights, and they could reflect this back into Homekit as the “switch” being on in that case.

+1 on this request. I would much prefer to invest in pico remotes for this job, but will prob add a hue hub, given that lutron is taking so long to implement this.

- - - Updated - - -

+1 on this request. I would much prefer to invest in pico remotes for this job, but will prob add a hue hub, given that lutron is taking so long to implement this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12