Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Face plate for 3 gang caseta set up..

Face plate for 3 gang caseta set up..

This question may have already been asked. But I can't seem to get a regular 3 gang decora faceplate to fit with the three caseta.. anybody else have this problem and what was the solution.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6255.JPG  

Alright.. idiot moment of the day... step 1: break tabs off.... as clearly written in the directions!

Another tip: use the lutron screwless face plates and install the switches in "reverse" order. MEANING, screw the switch base plate (the one the screwless faceplate snaps onto) to the switches first BEFORE screwing the switches to the box so it's easy to get all the switches straight and at the same depth etc. NOW, work the switches and base plate combo down into the box and put in/tighten the box screws to secure it all. Then snap on your screwless switch plates!

This works so much better than the method used like legacy switch plates to put in the switch and tighten it down, then screw the plate on, because the likelihood the switches aren't angled correctly or their depth is not right are very high. The "new" method only possible with the screwless plates, almost completely eliminate this (unless your really putting a lot of pressure on the wires/plate, which means you need to do some better wire management in your box before mounting the switches and plates anyway!!! Just my .02, works great for me, and I like the screwless plates! No more dirty, discolored, paint chipped, buggered up with a screwdriver, not oriented the same screws! To each his own, YMMV.

4. Likes SDR-Mike liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynsy View Post
    Another tip: use the lutron screwless face plates and install the switches in "reverse" order. MEANING, screw the switch base plate (the one the screwless faceplate snaps onto) to the switches first BEFORE screwing the switches to the box so it's easy to get all the switches straight and at the same depth etc. NOW, work the switches and base plate combo down into the box and put in/tighten the box screws to secure it all. Then snap on your screwless switch plates!.
    That is such a simple but great idea! It drives me nuts sometimes trying to get them all aligned. I do love the Claro plates, and replaced all of them in my house even the regular switches and outlets.