Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Auto Rollback in QS similar to Illumination?

Auto Rollback in QS similar to Illumination?

Illumination software has an auto rollback capabilitiy which enables an action#1 to occur, then after some specified time, automatically revert to action#2. The example is given to turn on an exhaust fan and then automatically turn it off after say 5 minutes.

QS software does not seem to have the same capability -- or am I missing something?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The rollback feature as seen in the HomeWorks Illuminations system is not available in HomeWorks QS. However, you can simulate its functionality using sequences in the HomeWorks QS system.

You can see the project file attached to this post as an example. There is a toggle button called "fan" that will operate on a fan sequence. The first step of this sequence will turn on the fan and wait five minutes before going to the next step. The next step will stop the sequence and turn the fan off. On the "press on" tab for this button, the sequence will start; the fan will turn on, and if the button is not pressed in 5 minutes, it will go off. On the "press off" tab, the sequence will stop and the fan will go off.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Armando B. View Post
    The rollback feature as seen in the HomeWorks Illuminations system is not available in HomeWorks QS. However, you can simulate its functionality using sequences in the HomeWorks QS system.

You can see the project file attached to this post as an example. There is a toggle button called "fan" that will operate on a fan sequence. The first step of this sequence will turn on the fan and wait five minutes before going to the next step. The next step will stop the sequence and turn the fan off. On the "press on" tab for this button, the sequence will start; the fan will turn on, and if the button is not pressed in 5 minutes, it will go off. On the "press off" tab, the sequence will stop and the fan will go off.
    Hi Armando-
    I just looked at this project in 6.1.0 to see if we both use the same method, and I didn't see anything happening in the 'Stop Sequence' tab. Shouldn't this have a 'fan off' preset? I usually setup sequences like this as 'single action' instead of toggle, but I think either way the fan has to be set to off in the last step, no?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Apologies for the confusion. You are correct, the "Sequence Stop" tab in the sequence should have a "Fan Off" preset. Attached is the updated project file for this application.
    Attached Files Attached Files