Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Bug Report - PD-6ANS Dimmer Firmware - Adjusting high-end trim switches dimmer phase

Bug Report - PD-6ANS Dimmer Firmware - Adjusting high-end trim switches dimmer phase

I know it sounds crazy-- but I'm sure this is happening for me on multiple PD-6ANS dimmers and posting here may help some one googling the same issue.

Adjusting the high-end trim will often, maybe always, resets the dimmer phase to the top blinking option.

I am not sure this happened out of the box-- but it happens very repeatably for me in this state. I have https://www.amazon.com/Philips-45711...low+candelabra bulbs if it makes any difference. It's obvious when it happens for me because the bulbs buzz badly in one phase but not the other.

2. Thanks brycenesbitt thanked for this post
    Likes brycenesbitt liked this post

Oops -- PD-5NE ELV dimmer, not PD-6ANS switch

Oops... I just noticed I mentally switched the wrong switch/dimmer model in this thread title. Obviously, on the PD-5NE in the Caseta Line has dimmer phase. Not sure if an admin can fix the thread title?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaGuy View Post
    I know it sounds crazy-- but I'm sure this is happening for me on multiple [EDIT: PD-5NE] dimmers and posting here may help some one googling the same issue.

Adjusting the high-end trim will often, maybe always, resets the dimmer phase to the top blinking option.

I am not sure this happened out of the box-- but it happens very repeatably for me in this state. I have https://www.amazon.com/Philips-45711...low+candelabra bulbs if it makes any difference. It's obvious when it happens for me because the bulbs buzz badly in one phase but not the other.

I registered for the sole purpose of saying thank you Californiaguy. You saved me hours of potential headache. I adjusted the low- and high-end trims today on my PD-5NE ELV dimmer and then my lights started flickering and/or buzzing once I saved the trim setting. As you noted, then phase had changed, so I just changed it back and it works great. This happened on 2 different ELV dimmers

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by yanks0114 View Post
    I registered for the sole purpose of saying thank you Californiaguy. You saved me hours of potential headache. I adjusted the low- and high-end trims today on my PD-5NE ELV dimmer and then my lights started flickering and/or buzzing once I saved the trim setting. As you noted, then phase had changed, so I just changed it back and it works great. This happened on 2 different ELV dimmers

Thanks again
    Glad it helped!