I had no issues or surprises when I updated my connect Bridge version one to the HomeKit Bridge (2nd generation) using the procedure below.
1. Remote bridge from the app
2. Remove bridge from the software
3. Add new bridge back into software
4. Add bridge back into the app
5. Log out and log back into to app on other devices
1. From the Lutron Connect App
Go to Settings
Then Edit home
Locate Remove home
For me the Button didn't work first try.
The second time I got a prompt to press the button on the connect bridge.
App goes to log out or add home screen
Close the app.
2. Open RadioRa2 software
Delete the old bridge
Re-transfer the system
Disconnect the old bridge
3. Add connect the new bridge
Add the new bridge into the software
Use the "Find bridge" in the software
Transfer the system
4. Go back to the app
**You will loose all of your favorite scenes!
**All audio controls of Sonos will have to be reprogrammed.
**All Alexa integration will be lost/reset
**You will have to log back into thermostats.
** Geofencing and arrive and leave scenes are probably reset too.