Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Switch Solution

Switch Solution

Hi, I'm looking for a product for a simple single room (closet) on/off switch, maybe something that works like a proximity switch.

I have a "barn door slider" for a closet door, and when the door is open the wall switch is covered. I'm looking for an automated solution for the lights to be on when the door is open.
    pic of the area: http://i.imgur.com/9XrCyxt.jpg
    Another solution could be something magnetic? I don't mind putting a strip on the back of the door.

Is there a product that would work in this application?

Cool Maestro Wireless closet door application

Hey Klautt,
    The Lutron product I think would be best suited for this application is our Maestro Wireless. A Radio Power Savr Wireless Occupancy Sensor can be pair with a Maestro Wireless switch and then placed inside the closet. When the closet door opens the sensor will see the motion and send the signal to turn on the light. The sensor can be programmed as low as 1 minute to shut the light off after motion is no longer detected. I believe this to be the simplest and least expensive solution for this application.

Quote Originally Posted by klautt View Post
    Hi, I'm looking for a product for a simple single room (closet) on/off switch, maybe something that works like a proximity switch.

I have a "barn door slider" for a closet door, and when the door is open the wall switch is covered. I'm looking for an automated solution for the lights to be on when the door is open.
    pic of the area: http://i.imgur.com/9XrCyxt.jpg
    Another solution could be something magnetic? I don't mind putting a strip on the back of the door.

Is there a product that would work in this application?
    You may also want to check out the legrand adorne wave switch. It is possible just the motion of the door would be able to turn the switch on and off.