I just received my CONNECT-BDG2-1 to replace the CONNECT-BDG-1 (gotta love that model numbering).
TL;DR: the RadioRa2/HomeKit integration works great (much better than the Alexa integration in my limited experience), but installation/setup was a pain, insult to injury atop having to purchase the connect bridge twice.
I upgraded my Windows programming VM from 10.6 to 11.0 of the RadioRa2 software, opened my .10.6 project, got offered to convert it to 11.0 format, and I noticed that the upgrade had transparently (without asking me) changed the type of the existing connect bridge already in the project from CONNECT-BDG to CONNECT-BDG2. The "find connect bridge" screen could see both the old one and the new one (old one with a red dot showing disconnected, new one with a green dot showing connected); I upgraded the main repeater firmware to 11.0 without incident, and did a transfer, all no problem on the programming side from the Windows machine.
Then I launched the LutronConnect app on my iPhone, and it just said "Connecting" for about 30 seconds, then "unable to connect". Retry didn't work. After a few tries I thought maybe the "home" in the app is mapped directly to the Connect Bridge, so I went into settings, "Add home", and redid setup from scratch (using the same email address/Lutron account). When this completed, I had 2 copies of the same home (in addition to other homes that were already set up), the new one that worked, the old one that didn't.
But, the new home I just set up was missing all favorites and all integrations (Nest, Sonos, etc).
And, I haven't been able to delete the old home from the app, so now I have 2 copies of the same name, and need to stay away from the "old" one (if I select it by accident, it triggers the "connecting..." spinner for about a minute, no way to cancel, then says "failed to connect"). If at that point I go to settings, edit home, remove home, confirm with "delete home", nothing happens.
So, it seems the upgrade path from the original connect bridge to the one that supports homekit is
- pay full price for the hardware again
- install it and configure it from the Windows side
- set it up as a brand new home on the iOS side
- spend another 20 minutes redoing integrations and favorites
- deal with stale homes in my account switcher
I called Lutron support and they tried to help but it seems they're pretty new to this -- I got put on hold a couple times while the (overall very helpful) support agent looked stuff up -- and his recommendation was I change the email address on my account to a dummy one, then re-register for a whole new Lutron account and start over from scratch. I said I wasn't willing to do that because I'd lose access to the other 2 homes that are still working fine, and plus, even if I did that, I'd still be redoing favorites and integrations.
Overall I think if Lutron is going to charge us twice for the connect bridge they could have at least made the upgrade process transparent and easy.