Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Keypads unresponsive, persistant issue since installation

Keypads unresponsive, persistant issue since installation

Hi!

I recently moved into a house with a Homeworks 4 system that I was told was upgraded to Illumination? The system works sometimes, but has errors all the time. What I mean is that when I start turning lights on/off it'll eventually sort of freeze up. The button presses on the keypads will no longer turn lights on/off or if it does work it'll be after pressing a button and then seeing the change minutes later. During the unresponsive times the leds on the keypad will change state when I press the button (turn on/off) but the light will remain on regardless. To remedy the problem I reset the system and it'll work again for about 20 minutes and then I have to lather, rinse, repeat.

Besides the problem I've already mentioned sometimes the lights will just turn on in the middle of the night without any button presses. I don't really know where to start trouble shooting this, I checked power at the keypads and there is between 14.2vdc-14.6vdc at every location. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello chase805,
    Thank you for your post.
    I would recommend contacting a local Homeworks professional to service the system. You can find one on our website. www.lutron.com/wheretobuy