Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Problem updating to 11.0 from 10.6

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    5

    Problem updating to 11.0 from 10.6

    I am using the Essentials version and all is fine with 10.6. When I try to update with 11, it cannot find the bridge (sees the repeater no problem) and says to press the discovery button. I do that and it see the bridge but when I click save, it says cannot save in "TCP Mode". I see others are having similar issues and I cannot change to multicast due to not been the Inclusive version. When I try to go to tools and update repeater firmware, I also get an error saying I cannot do it via TCP Mode. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3
    Where is the 11.0 release? How does one get it?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    5
    Design & configuration software under myLutron

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    204
    Hello mikerpalmer,
    Thank you for your post.
    We can further investigate the issue. Please provide screenshots of the error and a support file. Email this to systemsupport@lutron.com.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    5
    I have more time to spend on this today and got it working. I am using a Windows 10 VM running on a MacBook. I was connected via a hard ethernet cable because I have had issues doing so using wireless. I was also swapping the control bridge with a new HomeKit version. I tried everything from removing the old, adding the new, just swaping them, etc. I kept getting the same error.

    Today I decided to plug in a PC USB ethernet adapter and setting it up directly on the PC side exclusively (bypassing the passthrough via Mac). I updated to 11.0 which went perfectly. Then I deleted the the old connect bridge and installed the new HomeKit version. That worked without any issues. I then had to delete my home from the LutronConnect app and re-add it. I have been using Amazon Echo (which is fantastic) and had to go into the skills and disable and enable to select the new bridge (it had a new name which I must have changed at one point). I also deleted all Lutron related devices. I then re-setup all my Alexa controlled scenes in the LutronConnect app and had Alexa discover which picked up the new changes.

    I am thinking the problem was a multicast issue because of the passthrough of traffic from the PC VM through the Mac interface.
    Last edited by mikerpalmer; 04-20-2017 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Spelling

Similar Threads

  1. Application stuck saying updating smart bridge
    By Chefrayb in forum Troubleshooting - CAS
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-07-2016, 10:13 AM
  2. Siri integration has stopped working since updating Lutron app
    By Digitalfiend in forum Troubleshooting - CAS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2016, 03:27 PM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-16-2015, 12:12 PM
  4. Updating Bridge
    By Nick.F in forum Troubleshooting - CAS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-06-2015, 10:22 AM
  5. Updating Device Firmware
    By SanDiegoRep in forum General Discussion - RA2
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-22-2014, 10:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •