Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Connect Bridge Not Connecting

New Connect Bridge Not Connecting

I swapped the new version of the Connect Bridge in a configuration (still upset about having to do that at full price). Upon doing so and pressing the find bridge button, and then clicking the new bridge's button, the software finds it just fine. It sets the IP just fine, and as the second picture shows, the DD-WRT router sees that connection. However, Lutron Connect can't find it, and when I go back into the essentials/inclusive software, the bridge can't be found. I've done this twice, and the iOS app still just sits there and can't connect. Essentials/Inclusive correctly identifies it's the new model of bridge.

Has anyone else seen this, and does anyone have an idea of how to resolve it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 11.19.22 PM.png   Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 11.24.34 PM.png  

I still am waiting for mine to come in. Did support offer any suggestions?

We have not tried new version yet. We have seen issues with Connect Bridges, with Subnet Conflicts and/or blocked ports with some internet providers. We find that setting a static IP on the bridge and repeater, out of the range of DHCP addresses and verifying that the ports are open that are needed, fixes the issue.

It usually involves a few rounds of de-activate and activate again.
    Phil Scheetz
    Lighting Control Solutions
    pscheetz@lightingcontrolsolutions.com

Each time I called the pro line, it took too long to get someone, so I haven't dealt with it yet. I can't figure out why when Inclusive/Essentials sets the bridge to be the same settings as the previous one why that wouldn't just do it. I'll have to call them again when I get a chance and am near the unit.

Did you try deleting the old bridge from the and adding a new one?
    Phil Scheetz

I guess I should do that. I suppose I assumed since it found it using the "automatically add bridge" and it said it was working properly, I didn't think that was necessary, but that's troubleshooting 101 I failed!

It might be hanging onto the old serial number. Is the serial number shown in your screen shot the new one, or the old? Just a hunch.
    Phil Scheetz

Another good thought. I'll try these as soon as I can.

Try deleting the bridge, complete a transfer and then add back in but in a new room.

For some reason - my Connect Bridge Version One was keeping me from updating my own personal RA2 system with two main repeaters.

I finally deleted it completely and was able to update everything to 11.0. When I added it back to the same room - I was locked out again.

So I deleted it and moved to the other main repeater room's file and it is working fine now. No clue why.

Try deleting the bridge, complete a transfer and then add the bridge back in but it move to another room...

I'm not sure what is different in 11.0 but I am running in to a lot of roadblocks/headaches. Tech support says it is my computer's fault but 10.7 works fine. I'm not updating any clients to 11.0 for now.

Good Luck!

Deleting the bridge was necessary, but that fixed it. One thing that's frustrating is each house is a bridge, so you lose anything you programmed to the bridge in the past.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast