Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HV shutters... how to control?

HV shutters... how to control?

So, I've got a scenario where client has storm shutters that are high voltage controlled. The shutters have a neutral, an "up" hot, and a "down" hot. These function as one would expect - drive the up and it moves up and stops at limit. Drive the down and it moves down to stop at down limit. Drive neither and it stops motion.

Client would like to control with their hwqs system. I'm not really seeing a clean way to do this and preserve the up / stop / down functionality.

Clients system is comprised entirely of wirelsss components.

I'm hopeful someone here might have a thought on how to do this? Or maybe we can't?

thanks!

I should add, I had the exact same problem on an RA system last year or so. Closest we could come was a vcrx with its relays.

Less limits here as this system is hwqs not RA.

Quote Originally Posted by aries View Post
    I should add, I had the exact same problem on an RA system last year or so. Closest we could come was a vcrx with its relays.

Less limits here as this system is hwqs not RA.
    Wow. Tough crowd.. really no ideas?

Anyway, we solved it with two "PowPak" relay modules. One sets the shutter motor direction and the other is an "enable" to power the motor. This gives discreet up, stop, down with no possibility to activate up/down at the same time possibly damaging the motor drive.