Reliability when using Multiple Lutron Caseta Bridges
- Three Smart Bridge Pro 2 units
- About 120 Lutron Caseta devices. About 1/3 of those are Pico remotes
- HomeSeer S6 Pro with the latest s/w:
- Caseta Plug-in
- Honeywell Thermostat plug-in
- Apple TV with latest TVOS
- 3 Honeywell WiFi Thermostats
- 2 Alexa Dots
I regularly use Apple Home app for control from a smart device, HomeSeer for automations / scene definitions (events). Lutron App for smart device control of the thermostats.
Defined a scene with about 12 Caseta devices in it. These devices spanned all three Smart Bridges.
Executed the scene some 30 times using Apple Home, and again through a Pico Remote and HomeSeer.
- Using Apple Home: About 25% of the time 1 to 4 of the devices did not turn ON/OFF as expected.
- Using HomeSeer: About 25% of the time 1 to 4 of the devices did not turn ON/OFF as expected.
- However, for Apple Home it was a somewhat different set of devices that failed as opposed to what failed using the HomeSeer.
Anyone out there seen this kind of failure? If so, were you able to resolve it?
Justin in Dallas