Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: QS Devices firmware update times

QS Devices firmware update times

Hi all,

I may need to update software version from 8.3 to 10.7 and update all equipment firmwares to fix some issues,
    To plan in advance how much time is it going to take, since on the interface i see for example 29 minutes for the DALI module,
    in case of many DALI modules connected, i wanted to ask if the system is going to update them one at a time or in parallel?

Thanks

Mario

Hello Mario,
    Thank you for your post.
    The firmware upgrading of multiple QS devices runs in parallel in principle, but the time to upgrade multiple devices is still somewhat longer that upgrading a single device. The upgrade time of multiple DPMs shall depend on the number of DPMs, how much other QS link traffic is there during the update.
    Assuming the number of DPMs is 10-15 and there is no excessive QS traffic during the time of upgrade (no excessive button pushing and no sequence running), the time to upgrade multiple DPMs would be somewhere around 40- minutes to an hour.

Ok thanks,
    is it safer to do it with a wired connection or a wi-fi with strong signal is good enough?

Mario

I read some older discussions and i have another question:
    if i understand right, it is more reliable to use TCP instead of UDP, selecting the CPU IP instead of "multicast" in the system communication tab.
    Does it means in a system with more than one CPU, i have to repeat the file transfer for each one, or it gets automatically spread from the CPU i addressed for the transfer to the others?

Mario

On something that takes that long defiantly wired over wireless just less chance of a disconnect and crash.

Using multicast over a select ip would speed any data between your pc and the processor for example multicast will talk to all the processors at once where unicast its 1 at a time thats really the simple answer there is more to it though.Multicast would not help when going from processor to QS device over a QS link.