Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Somfy blind integration questions

I do have a main repeater, and I'm triggering the shades successfully from both Pico buttons and full keypad buttons. If you see the RR2 events showing up in Somfy Connect and also are able to control the shades from the software, it would seem like something is wrong with the LTI. Sorry I can't be more help.

FWIW I found Somfy Support to be very helpful.

I have done it using the RTS dry contact interface. https://www.somfysystems.com/product...tact-interface

The box is way bigger than it needs to be. There is a 1"x3" circuit board inside. I use the CCOs on the VCRX. It's not very elegant, it can also get very bulky, but it works.

My experience with USB/DB9 adapters is they require a driver. That is probably why Somfy is charging a premium for theirs - they are the only ones that can make it work with their devices.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Hmm...I wonder if my cheap USB/RS485 adapter is the problem. I assumed that since it successfully communicates with both the shades and the Lutron repeater, it wouldn't be the weak link.

Is it in the signal chain when you aren't programming? I used a StarTech Model ICUSB422 and it worked just fine. With the RTS motors, the adapter is just used for programming. I'd say if you are able to interact with the LTI at all via the adapter, chances are the adapter isn't the problem.

It's the Motor Configuration software which gives me the motor address and which allows me to control the shade.

I type this motor address into the Somfy Connect software. At this point, I am not able to control the shade because it's not an option. This software takes the motor address and the desired command (Up, Down, etc) and calculates a command string. Then one selects "Learn" and a press of a Lutron keypad provides a device number. This "Single" command is then saved to the Somfy Connect.

Testing occurs when you put the Somfy Connect software into "Run" mode. At this point, nothing happens upon pressing the keypad button. After quitting the program and running it again, I'm able to successfully retrieve the saved command from the SC so that is not the weak link.

Another point to raise is that there is a motor address and there is a converted motor address (I believe it may be a two's-complement). I've tried using both versions of an address with no success. I've tried with more than one shade (different addresses) and more than one keypad.

Thanks for your help.

Does the SOMFY CONNECT LTI support delays in commands when creating a sequence? I'm trying to determine whether a Pico could command a horizontal blind to tilt to a certain percent closed. By sending a sequence of commands like:

HOME (programmed to open position)
    Pause X
    DOWN
    Pause Y
    STOP

Quote Originally Posted by eidco View Post
    It's the Motor Configuration software which gives me the motor address and which allows me to control the shade.

I type this motor address into the Somfy Connect software. At this point, I am not able to control the shade because it's not an option. This software takes the motor address and the desired command (Up, Down, etc) and calculates a command string. Then one selects "Learn" and a press of a Lutron keypad provides a device number. This "Single" command is then saved to the Somfy Connect.

Testing occurs when you put the Somfy Connect software into "Run" mode. At this point, nothing happens upon pressing the keypad button. After quitting the program and running it again, I'm able to successfully retrieve the saved command from the SC so that is not the weak link.

Another point to raise is that there is a motor address and there is a converted motor address (I believe it may be a two's-complement). I've tried using both versions of an address with no success. I've tried with more than one shade (different addresses) and more than one keypad.

Thanks for your help.
    Did you get this working? I know that most of the time you need to create your groups in the MotoConfig Software and then use the LTI to trigger the groups. Even if you need to control one shade, I would create a "group" for it alone.

Thanks,

Jesse Demick
    Demick Window Fashions
    Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    561-301-8963

Still trying

Quote Originally Posted by Demickwf View Post
    Did you get this working? I know that most of the time you need to create your groups in the MotoConfig Software and then use the LTI to trigger the groups. Even if you need to control one shade, I would create a "group" for it alone.
    It’s been a while, but I’ve started trying to get this working again. I did try creating groups and still no response in “Run” mode. I’m going to try to find a way to send a raw command over the serial port to see if it works. If so, it must be a faulty Somfy Connect LTI box and I think it’s still under warranty.Thanks.

How does this work?

I am getting ready to integrate Somfy blinds with my RA2 system, is the RTS Dry Contact the way to go, or what was the best way everyone found to integrate the two systems?

Quote Originally Posted by gt3mike View Post
    Is it in the signal chain when you aren't programming? I used a StarTech Model ICUSB422 and it worked just fine. With the RTS motors, the adapter is just used for programming. I'd say if you are able to interact with the LTI at all via the adapter, chances are the adapter isn't the problem.
    I'm hoping to use a USB to RS485 adapter to program an LTI. Somfy sells one for nearly $350! so, I'd like to use something like the StarTech. Most of the adapters I've seen however terminate in either a DB-9 or a terminal board. The LTI needs an RJ45. Have people just hand made the DB-9/Terminal Board to RJ45 cable?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12