Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Chronos and DST changes

Question Chronos and DST changes

I recently discovered that when daylight savings time was changed last weekend, a few of my timed events were off by one hour. Upon further investigation, the DST dates in the Chronos are still those from many years ago. Can the DST dates be changed in the RadioRA Chronos? And if so, how?

Hello Lutro-n,
    Thank you for your post.
    Here is a link to the programming guide. There is an option to enable or disable daylight savings, but nothing more.
    http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ry/044037b.pdf

Thank you for your reply. I do have the programming guide and agree there is only reference to enable or disable DST. I'm not sure how the Chronos hardware knows when to change to DST in the spring and then change back in the fall.?.? Initially, (after I realized that Chronos hadn't changed to DST) I thought I would just change the time by 'springing' forward by one hour. However, I forgot that the sunrise and sunset times were not changed; I'm assuming that the time as well as sunrise/sunset times change together when DST takes affect (if enabled of course). So, I merely set my time back one hour from the current time. That way my sunrise/sunset timed devices work normally. The only devices affected are those which have 'OFF' times later in the evening; they merely stay on one hour longer; I know I could alter those times too, but way too much to do - easier to just leave them on one hour longer. Hence, the reason for determining how DST dates are changed within the Chronos. Those dates have to be in the Chronos somehow; hard programmed in ROM or programmable in EPROM or software programmable, or the dates are retrieved externally via the network?.? I am determined to find out how the DST dates are done within Chronos and do appreciate all assistance received.

It was hard coded into the Chronos. Those older units never got the DST update that was applied years back.