Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Can Alexia and Siri Co-exist?

Question Can Alexia and Siri Co-exist?

I just set up my Smart Bridge to integrate with Apple HomeKit (aka Siri). I have an Amazon Dot (aka Alexia) on order and was hoping that I will be able to use both to control my lights. Is this possible? Has anyone out there done it? Any issues?
    Thanks in advance!
    Dave

Very much possible. only real issue is Homekit uses the scenes from the home app, and Alexa uses the scenes from the Lutron app. So you have to make them twice to use both.

3. Thanks Zach R. thanked for this post
    Thank you!

Rocking out with both here as well. As Sawdust said, to stay consistent with your scenes, you will have to recreate them in the home app. Not a big deal, but worth noting. HOPEFULLY someday Lutron will upgrade its app to be Homekit v2 compatible so the scenes will carry over just like the devices and the rooms. Hint, Hint, Lutron...

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Otharcharr View Post
    Rocking out with both here as well. As Sawdust said, to stay consistent with your scenes, you will have to recreate them in the home app. Not a big deal, but worth noting. HOPEFULLY someday Lutron will upgrade its app to be Homekit v2 compatible so the scenes will carry over just like the devices and the rooms. Hint, Hint, Lutron...
    That would be very nice! I will make sure to pass along that feedback to the appropriate parties at Lutron!

Thanks Zach. This would be great. Since Lutron was an original adopter of Homekit, they used the original API framework. When iOS 10 came out Apple upgraded the Homekit framework (database) to v2 of the API. That upgrade included scenes, as well as class information for other devises like motion and touch sensors, cameras, etc... but Lutron never moved their app over to the new framework.

8. Likes Zach R. liked this post