Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11.0 Unable to Update Firmware

11.0 Unable to Update Firmware

Main Repeater firmware cannot be updated in TCP mode. Please try setting communication mode to "Use Multicast" from FMR screen then try again.

There is no option to set to Use Multicast.

If I use 10.6 it shows firmware at 10.6 and the ability to update.

Go to the design tab, locate the main repeater and then click advanced.
    From release notes:
    4. In the Inclusive version of the software, a choice can now be made between Multicast (default)communications and Unicast. This is useful when troubleshooting the network. Unicast is slower as it communicates with each Main repeater individually, but is less likely to be blocked by onsite networking equipment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails main rep advanced settings.png  
    RadioRa2 PSP Level 2 Platiunum
    RaSelect Pro Installer
    Caseta "Pro" Installer
    My Systems:
    RadioRa2 with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.
    Caseta with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.

3. Thanks wkearney99 thanked for this post
    Likes wkearney99, Bill13 liked this post
    Will how about this screenshot then.

That option isn't there when you are not in Inclusive.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error.JPG  

I guess Lutron locked it out of exclusive because you can't use two main repeaters but something is picking up a networking issue.

It's a long shot but are you trying to transfer while connecting wired and wirelessly to the network?

You will probably need to submit a support file and await options.

You may have a network loop either from a dual connection in the network or perhaps caused by Sonos.

Yeah has to be something in the 11.0 code.

I can still push just fine with 10.6 code. Not sure what is going on.

Will try and open ticket with them this week when onsite.

Thanks

7. Thanks wkearney99 thanked for this post
    Just loaded up 11 and tried to do a firmware update. This from a win7 setup completely unchanged from v10.7. This is an Inclusive install with 2 main repeaters. Both are set to use static IP addresses, not DHCP.

Stuck at "Finalizing OS firmware update.... 99%".

Program is hung. Repeaters are unresponsive. As in, motion sensor that normally fires off lighting controls... isn't. It was still hung after 30 minutes.

I managed to interrupt the PC software by trying to right-click 'Close Window' on it from the task bar. That prompted me to Save the project, which I cancelled. That woke up the software. Once back in, I could then select to do a firmware update again, which showed the repeaters had actually done their upgrade. Um, ok then? It did complete but didn't return the repeaters to a valid state?

I could then do a Transfer, which worked. Now the system is functioning properly again.

I used the "Find Main Repeater" button from the Design tab for the main repeater to bring up the settings for it. Which, curiously, also revealed the system seems to have forgotten my Connect Bridge. Uh, ok... set it back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
    Just loaded up 11 and tried to do a firmware update. This from a win7 setup completely unchanged from v10.7. This is an Inclusive install with 2 main repeaters. Both are set to use static IP addresses, not DHCP.

Stuck at "Finalizing OS firmware update.... 99%".

Program is hung. Repeaters are unresponsive. As in, motion sensor that normally fires off lighting controls... isn't. It was still hung after 30 minutes.

I managed to interrupt the PC software by trying to right-click 'Close Window' on it from the task bar. That prompted me to Save the project, which I cancelled. That woke up the software. Once back in, I could then select to do a firmware update again, which showed the repeaters had actually done their upgrade. Um, ok then? It did complete but didn't return the repeaters to a valid state?

I could then do a Transfer, which worked. Now the system is functioning properly again.

I used the "Find Main Repeater" button from the Design tab for the main repeater to bring up the settings for it. Which, curiously, also revealed the system seems to have forgotten my Connect Bridge. Uh, ok... set it back up again.
    I have updated two system from 10.7 also using windows 7. The first update was totally fine. The second had an unhandled exception and the software crashed between the system extraction and the file conversion. I re-did the upgrade without any issues.
    RadioRa2 PSP Level 2 Platiunum
    RaSelect Pro Installer
    Caseta "Pro" Installer
    My Systems:
    RadioRa2 with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.
    Caseta with Triathlon Shades, Sonos, Harmony, Nest, Alexa, and HomeKit.

I spoke too soon. Last night I couldn't get into my system using either the connect app or home+. Main repeater wasn't flashing codes and was responding to pings. Rebooted MR and Bridge to no avail. Today everything working fine. Bizarre.

Suggestions?

Yes, I too am having the same difficulites as in trying to upgrade from 10.6 to 11.0 using the Essentials version of the software. There is no option to switch to Multicast in FMR screen. The system is a single repeater setup and I verified that the router is using Multicast and my laptop was directly connected to the Main Repeater to eliminate any networking issues. Seems to me to be a software issue specifically to do with version 11.0 as this method of upgrading as worked for a number of years for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DenebaTech View Post
    There is no option to switch to Multicast in FMR screen.
    I ran into the same problem. I'd certainly have tried to change the setting but it wouldn't show me that screen. Can't say for sure what brought it back other than quitting the program, power cycling the repeater and a fair bit of expletives.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast