Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11.0 Unable to Update Firmware

Looks like we have duplicate posts on this issue so I am not feeling so blond anymore! Smile!

Here is the other link:
    https://forums.lutron.com/showthread.php/3022-11-0-Inclusive-Upgrade-Will-Not-Communicate-With-Repeater

And I think I resolved my problem. Or at least I am so hoping so!

Finally after pulling some hair out & definite temper tantrums plus giving up for a few days (if I am honest - more like a week) - I got this process to work on my programming computer.

Restart your computer <<Only do this with nothing else running>>
    Turn off your firewall
    Direct connect the main to your laptop
    In the design tab - click find
    main repeater
    You will need to update your IP
    I used enabled DHCP
    Click save (be patient some took 5-6 tries before saving).
    Click close
    Go & do a transfer
    And firmware should update
    with out issue.

Once I did this - the file that I was working on (which said the Main firmware was 10.6 but the transfer was always unsuccessful) - said the firmware was 9.2 and did the update. Super odd. Not sure what happened or if I put the main into safe mode accidentally. But this happened on 10 of 12 repeaters I tried to update. I will go back and do them all direct connect now to get them to 11.0. And hope this is resolved going forward.

As a side note - I had to restart my computer each time I went to update another repeater. The software would absolutely not find another main after I did 1 successful firmware update. Might work just restarting the software but my patience was shot at that point.

I've been doing RA2 since 2011 and never had this issue before. Glad I didn't start on this version or I would have totally given up. Hope this helps!

And Huge Sign of Relief that I am back up and running.

Cross your fingers on the dual repeater system update I have to do this week!

Also as a side note - I was upgrading most of my main repeaters from older versions. 7x,8x, & 9x version ones.

If you are trying to upgrade an older system to 11.0 - Go to 9.2 and then 10.0 and then the rest of the way. My 10.6 files refused to upgrade. So back to 10.0 and then up to 11.0 using the process listed above.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12