Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: How to determine if an LED strip light is constant current or constant voltage?

How to determine if an LED strip light is constant current or constant voltage?

How would I go about figuring out if tape light is constant current or constant voltage? Homeowners are asking for this on almost all of our projects and I would prefer to use a Lutron driver if possible. The guys at the electrical distributor are pretty much useless for anything other than working a barcode scanner. Is there a list of recommended products like there is for lamps?

Pete F.
    Most often, tape light fixtures will be constant voltage 12V or 24V. However, it is important to verify that with the fixture manufacturer. We do have a list of fixtures that include our Hi-Lume A Series Drivers at www.lutron.com/findafixture.

Grafik Eye With EcoSystem H-Series

I would like to know how I can wiring the the Grafik Eye with EcoSystem H-Series, EHD T528 M U 2 10, for exemple. I looked in the electrical scheme and I saw two point for connect the E1 e E2, digital link. So I would like if it`s necessary to use the E1 e E2 or just I can to wire directly of the Grafik Eye, two wire, neutral and line.
    Francisco Bezerra
    rEBUSCAR Disign
    Tels: +55(85)9159.6308 - +55(85)34977442
    E-mail: francisco_bsousa@icloud.com
    CNPJ: 18.672.649/0001-14

Constant voltage LED strips only has resistors....or resistive LED tape. -for short runs
    Constant current LED strips have resistors and an IC chip on the PCB. -for long runs