Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help ... Honeywell Vista 20P Integration to RadioRa 2 system using 4232CBM module

Help ... Honeywell Vista 20P Integration to RadioRa 2 system using 4232CBM module

I am not having any success integrating my Honeywell Vista 20p panel with the RadioRa 2 system using the 4232CBM module. I am using Lutron Application Note #488 to configure the Honeywell and RadioRa 2 system. For testing, On the Arm/Stay and Arm/Away trigger, I am trying to turn on a RRD-8ANS switch. It is not working. Over the weekend I spent over an hour with the RadioRa 2 Tech Support folks and it is still not working. It seems that the 4232CBM module is not communicating to the RadioRa 2 main repeater.

In troublshooting the issue, tech support had me establish a telnet session over the ethernet cable using putty to the main repeater, and the command #device,1,95,3 worked (light came on). I will test the same command using a RS232 connection to the main repeater as well.

One thing I noticed in the application note is that interface emulates a standard alpha keypad which I have assigned keypad address 17. In the 4232CBM documentation, it talks about using an address for the AUI keypad (touchscreen) in which I don't have available before I already have 4 tuxedo (touchscreen) keypads connected to my Honeywell system already.

Please HELP....

Quote Originally Posted by pglover19 View Post
    I am not having any success integrating my Honeywell Vista 20p panel with the RadioRa 2 system using the 4232CBM module. I am using Lutron Application Note #488 to configure the Honeywell and RadioRa 2 system. For testing, On the Arm/Stay and Arm/Away trigger, I am trying to turn on a RRD-8ANS switch. It is not working. Over the weekend I spent over an hour with the RadioRa 2 Tech Support folks and it is still not working. It seems that the 4232CBM module is not communicating to the RadioRa 2 main repeater.

In troublshooting the issue, tech support had me establish a telnet session over the ethernet cable using putty to the main repeater, and the command #device,1,95,3 worked (light came on). I will test the same command using a RS232 connection to the main repeater as well.

One thing I noticed in the application note is that interface emulates a standard alpha keypad which I have assigned keypad address 17. In the 4232CBM documentation, it talks about using an address for the AUI keypad (touchscreen) in which I don't have available before I already have 4 tuxedo (touchscreen) keypads connected to my Honeywell system already.

Please HELP....
    4232CBM requires an AUI, and the Vista only has one available. So it's either the Tuxedo Touch's or the 4232CBM. I ran into this issue as well, and decided that keeping the Touch's and either foregoing alarm integration, or using a VCRX was the preferred route.

The Honeywell Vista 20p panel has 4 AUI slots available. So I could use 3 tuxedo keypads and the 4232cbm module. Please confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by pglover19 View Post

Please HELP....
    Are you using Total Connect 2.0? How is the system being monitored? Via IP or cellular?

I upgraded to the Honeywell VISTA 128BPT panel with the onboard RS232 and now I am successful in integrating with my RadioRa 2 system.

Are you able to use Total Connect 2.0 (the app, remote arm/disarm from mobile)?

Quote Originally Posted by dvpvic View Post
    Are you able to use Total Connect 2.0 (the app, remote arm/disarm from mobile)?
    I am self-monitored. I am using the EnvisaLink EVL-4 to monitor the system remotely from my iPhone. With this module, I can ARM/DISARM remotely with my iPhone as well. This product works great so far.