Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Resset Sonos System

Question Resset Sonos System

I am trying to setup Sonos, and the Caseta app recognized my sonos system right away. The problem is I have to separate sonos systems on my network (controlled by different devices) and it recognized the wrong system. So I disconnected that system from my network but the Caseta app will not recognized the other system.
    How can I reset the link between Caseta and Sonos? So then it will recognize the right system next time.

Thanks

Spencer

Hi Spencer,
    did you ever manage to solve this?
    if so, can you post your solution, please?!
    thanks
    -jm

Quote Originally Posted by sblunden View Post
    I am trying to setup Sonos, and the Caseta app recognized my sonos system right away. The problem is I have to separate sonos systems on my network (controlled by different devices) and it recognized the wrong system. So I disconnected that system from my network but the Caseta app will not recognized the other system.
    How can I reset the link between Caseta and Sonos? So then it will recognize the right system next time.

Thanks

Spencer

I did not. It was just for demoing so the speakers are in a different room than the Caseta system but it's not that big of a deal. It's not perfect but it works fine and most people don't have 2 sonos systems on 1 network.

I have a feeling I would have to reset the smart bridge (or the Sonos system) but my Smart Bridge has less devices. Then disconnect the Sonos system I do not want to control, then it would only show the correct Sonos system in the Lutron App.
    Or I have thought about creating a VLAN for the 2nd Sonos system (which would have several benefits for my setup) but I have not taken the time. I assume that if the Caseta Smart Bridge and 1 Sonos system is on 1 VLAN and the 2nd Sonos system is on a separate VLAN then Caseta would only see the 1 Sonos system and it could set it up without reconfiguring my systems. At least that is my theory...

Thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry to hear that nobody offered a suggestion on how to solve your issue.

This is been driving me so crazy that I'm about to do the extreme, factory reset the Lutron Hub and blowing away all of my devices. I call it extreme because I have almost 50 device connected to the hub.

If and when I pulled the trigger on resetting the Hub, I'll report back on whether or not it fixed my issue.

In the meantime, if anyone reading this has any suggestion on how I can get my Sonos reconnected without blowing away the Hub, please offered it up quickly.

Thanks

-jm
    Last edited by johnmclean; 01-13-2017 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hey guys,

Make sure your Sonos gear is all up to date by using the Sonos Controller App for iOS or Android: Touch “Online Updates” under the “Settings” menu. If this doesn't work, send an email to systemsupport@lutron.com with the MAC address found on the bottom of your Smart Bridge and I will reset your Sonos data on our end.

We apologize for not responding sooner!
    -Zach

Hi, Zach!

Thanks so much for the quick reply! I really appreciate it. ?

I did as you suggested and made sure my SONOS system is up to date using the SONOS app. Unfortunately, that hasn't resolved the issue, i still can't see any rooms when i select the SONOS device when configuring a Luton Caseta scene.

I've email the account you listed above with my lutron bridge's MAC address. Can i take you up on your offer to reset my SONOS data before I have to resort to trying a full bridge/hub reset?

Thanks again, Zach.

-jm

Just wanted to report back to the group about the fact that Zach is a total Rick star. His suggest of resetting the data for my SONOS totally solved the problem and his response time was second to none!

Thank you so much, Zach!!!!

8. Thanks Zach R. thanked for this post
    Likes Zach R., SDR-Mike liked this post