Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cannot connect ELV+ (PD-5NE) to Wink Hub

Cannot connect ELV+ (PD-5NE) to Wink Hub

I have several standard Caseta In-Wall Dimmers (PD-6WCL) which work great with my lights and Wink hub. I bought an ELV+ (PD-5NE) dimmer because one of my LED lights flickered with the 6WCL. The 5NE is great with the tempermental high-end LED light. In fact, it provides much better dimming range. However, I cannot connect it to the Wink hub by following the instructions that work fine for the 6WCL dimmers. When the hub is in "pairing" mode, it blinks the lower LED on all the 6WCL dimmers. However it does not blink the LED on the 5NE. I've tried a variety of alternative ways to connect (since the LED does not blink), but cannot find a way to get it to pair with the Wink hub. I know the 5NE is good because I have a couple of them and neither will connect. However, they do pair with the Pico remote. I bought the 5NE from Amazon, and the specs for the 5NE say it does work with Wink. Any help appreciated.

Wink technically only supports the 6w. They do not play well with any of the other Casta switches. The on/off switches connected to the hub 1, but will not connect to hub 2. They also still had to be connected as dimmer.

Only option is to get a Lutron hub. great for lights, but not if you are trying to tie it into any other sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
    Wink technically only supports the 6w. They do not play well with any of the other Casta switches. The on/off switches connected to the hub 1, but will not connect to hub 2. They also still had to be connected as dimmer.

Only option is to get a Lutron hub. great for lights, but not if you are trying to tie it into any other sensors.
    Any idea why the Lutron spec says it does work with Wink? https://www.amazon.com/Lutron-PD-5NE.../dp/B01M22SK1W and everyone else that sells it says it works with Wink.

Quote Originally Posted by pzuckermanaz View Post
    Any idea why the Lutron spec says it does work with Wink? https://www.amazon.com/Lutron-PD-5NE.../dp/B01M22SK1W and everyone else that sells it says it works with Wink.
    That one you would have to ask both Lutron and Wink. The issue is that wink says it supports the Lutron Caseta brand, but really as I mentioned it only supports the 6w dimmer. So really their claim of supporting Caseta is false, but they say that they never advertised it as working with anything but the 6w. Whole he said / she said battle.

I was a wink user in the start, but the delay in operating the switches was killing me. When Lutron announced homekit, I dumped wink and bought a Lutron bridge. Have never looked back since.

With smartthings about to work with the Lutron bridge and api, you could always look at moving over to that route, if you had other sensors to connect.

ps. I would contact Amazon and let them know that is false information.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Wink was planning on doing an update to support additional Caseta devices, but I don't think that update has been released yet. It does look like the information on that Amazon.com is incorrect if your Wink software/firmware is up to date and you cannot add the device. I have brought this to the attention of the appropriate parties at Lutron so that we can follow-up with Amazon and Wink.