Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Caseta ELV+ problems when replacing Diva ELV

Caseta ELV+ problems when replacing Diva ELV

Hi,

I've been replacing some RadioRa dimmers and some Diva ELV dimmers with Caseta ELV+ and have run into some problems. The Casetas work great with all of my BR30 bulbs. However, I have run into some issues when substituting into circuits that are not BR30 applications. I have a fixture with 4 Hyperikon 4W bulbs that worked find with the Diva dimmer but now does not turn off all the way. I have an LED custom fixture (with integral LEDs and LED drivers) that "pops" on full brightness than backs down a bit when first turned on. Finally, I have a light fixture with 7 Bulbright 2W bulbs that does not dim properly. In addition, all of these lights will sometimes flicker at the same time even though on separate circuits. BTW, I used ELV dimmers in these applications because I was told they are the best to use with LEDs, and my Diva ELV dimmers worked fine. Any suggestions? What is the difference between the Caseta and Diva ELV dimmers?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    There are definitely some big differences between the Diva ELV dimmer and the Caseta ELV dimmer...one of the big differences is that the Caseta dimmer is digital. To ensure a more timely response, please send an email to systemsupport@lutron.com with the model number of each LED and the symptom you are having. We can take a look at our LED compatibility testing data and work on finding you a solution.