Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connect Bridge Activation HWQS

Connect Bridge Activation HWQS

I'm upgrading from 8.1 to 10.7 to install a Connect Bridge. Under the Activation drop down in 10.7 I see "processors" and "devices" as in 8.1 but not "processors and connect bridge" as shown in the Residential networking Guide. 10.7 does not see the Connect Bridge even after tapping the button. Any tips on what to do?

Did you add a Connect Bridge to the project ? Once in the activate tab look to the left upper corner you will see another little tab to click on either to choose processor to activate or connect bridge to activate

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzvxc628sa...8.37.jpeg?dl=0

3. Thanks BruceR thanked for this post
    I hadn't added it before trying to activate it. That fixed the problem and it's working. However, in the Lutron Connect app (android) under System Type it shows Radio RA and HWQS as it should. This seems to be preventing me from setting up the Alexa scenes. Appreciate any guidance on correcting that.

Have you seen this document ? This should help

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...2_and_HWQS.pdf

6. Thanks BruceR thanked for this post
    I do have that document and in following it I get a blank page after selecting a room. I'm wondering if that has to do with the app expecting RRA data instead of HWQS data. I haven't been able to figure out a way to get the app to "realize" its connected to a HWQS system.

If you goto Setting in the app then edit home then system settings it says what system it is and can be changed there. If it self discovered then it should know its a QS suystem Is it downloading the database when you first connect to app

9. Thanks BruceR thanked for this post
    That's what I've tried but the System Name, Type and IP address are grayed out and cannot be changed. The app did download the database from the HWQS but it still shows as RRA. I also added the app to an android tablet with the same result. I've tried factory resetting the Connect Bridge and uninstalling and reinstalling the app to no avail. I've also downloaded the 54 page Lutron Connect App Guide but found nothing addressing the issue. Color me confused.

I don't think you can change anything in system settings the IP comes from the bridge System Type Comes from the Database and System name coms from project settings

You can only change the NAME of home

So was the app able to discover the system on the network or did you manually enter it I would delete the home form the app and re discover or enter system manually

12. Thanks BruceR thanked for this post
    SOLVED! Although the bridge was activated in Designer 10.7, and both downloading to the app and working for manual commands from the app to the processor, I had not done a full transfer as I later found on at the bottom of page 10 of the Lutron Connect App Guide. Upon doing a transfer, 10.7 installed a required firmware upgrade and completed the transfer. I restarted the app and it properly showed HWQS and allowed me to set favorites and successfully complete Alexa integration.

I should have known to do the transfer but my brain was tired and it took the light of a new day to think straight. When in doubt RTFM!

Thanks for the quick responses!

Alexa !! Alexa!! Alexa Discover new device Alexa turn on Kitchen Lights yea !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast