Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Lutron Service missing in IFTTT New Applet

Lutron Service missing in IFTTT New Applet

I'd like to create a custom Applet in IFTTT; however, if I go to New Applet and enter Lutron in the service box, nothing comes up. I have connected my Lutron account to my IFTTT account, and I can use the prebuilt Applets, but I can't create my own. Any ideas?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by tims300 View Post
    I'd like to create a custom Applet in IFTTT; however, if I go to New Applet and enter Lutron in the service box, nothing comes up. I have connected my Lutron account to my IFTTT account, and I can use the prebuilt Applets, but I can't create my own. Any ideas?
    This normally happens if your email address was never successfully registered to your Smart Bridge or you entered an old (or incorrect) Caseta account in IFTTT. If you send us a support file, we can take a closer look at the account currently registered to your bridge. To generate a support file just go to Settings>Help>Send feedback while connected to the same network as your bridge. Just reference this forum post in the body of the email before pressing "send" and we will respond to you directly via email.

I figured out what I was doing wrong - my goal was to get Google Home to control my lights. I was trying to start with Lutron when creating the applet, but eventually realized that I needed to start with Google Assistant first and then use Lutron as the action. A little tedious to build all the applets I wanted, but it orks pretty well until Google Home officially supports Lutron.

4. Likes Zach R. liked this post
    Can you tell me procedure how can i connect my lutron account with IFTTT

What @tims300 was initially trying to do was use Lutron Caseta as a trigger and Lutron doesn't support that with their current development/integration. You can only use other triggers to control Lutron devices. Short-sighted in my opinion given Lutron has motion sensors that are literally only used to trigger other actions.