Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IOS App won't connect to Caseta Bridge

Hope not...

I hope the lack of interaction here isn't typical. I'm having the same issue with a new smart bridge. I'm suspecting it doesn't like my combined SSID 2.4 & 5Ghz AP radios on my UniFi AP Pros. I've had assorted issues with industrial equipment like Leviton smart switches and a Generac generator not liking anything above $10 network extenders that only do 2.4Ghz. I certainly would think mesh networks are an issue too. I've already turned off mesh on mine while troubleshooting those other devices and it allowed Leviton smart switches to connect. I am in the process of deciding whether to uncombine my radios at this moment. Sadly reading just this thread I have little optimism Lutron support will be, um, supportive.

Hi, Please try the following steps: Is the light on the Smart Bridge solid or flashing once every 5 seconds?If it is flashing, try the following:1. Connect the bridge directly to router...not to an access point, switch, etc.2. If connected directly to the router, power cycle the router, and wait 5 minutes for the router to come back online.3. If the light still doesn't go solid, power cycle the Smart Bridge and wait two minutes.4. If the power cycles don't work, try a different port on the router.5. Try a different Ethernet cable.If it is solid, try the following:1. Connect the bridge directly to router... not to an access point, switch, etc.2. If connected directly to the router, power cycle the router and wait 5 minutes for the router to come back online.3. If you still can't connect, press and hold the black button on the back of the bridge (20 seconds) until the light ring on the bridge begins to flash rapidly and then let go and the light will return to a solid state. At this time power cycle the Smart Bridge and wait three to five minutes before trying to sign into the app again.If the above steps did not work, we would suggest emailing into support@lutron.com or calling our Tech Support line: 1-888-588-7661.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCap523 View Post
    I hope the lack of interaction here isn't typical. I'm having the same issue with a new smart bridge. I'm suspecting it doesn't like my combined SSID 2.4 & 5Ghz AP radios on my UniFi AP Pros. I've had assorted issues with industrial equipment like Leviton smart switches and a Generac generator not liking anything above $10 network extenders that only do 2.4Ghz. I certainly would think mesh networks are an issue too. I've already turned off mesh on mine while troubleshooting those other devices and it allowed Leviton smart switches to connect. I am in the process of deciding whether to uncombine my radios at this moment. Sadly reading just this thread I have little optimism Lutron support will be, um, supportive.
    The bridge connection is via ethernet - it has nothing at all to do with wifi.

IOS App Not Connecting To Lutron System

I have the same issue. I set the system up and it all worked correctly up until 2 days ago. From outside, using an LTE connection on my iPhone, I cannot connect to the Lutron bridge. Yet, when I am at home, I can connect through WI-FI and everything works correctly. What could be the problem here ??? I have deleted the app on my iphone and reinstalled. No change. I reset the Lutron bridge, and no change....still having issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12