Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IOS App won't connect to Caseta Bridge

Hope not...

I hope the lack of interaction here isn't typical. I'm having the same issue with a new smart bridge. I'm suspecting it doesn't like my combined SSID 2.4 & 5Ghz AP radios on my UniFi AP Pros. I've had assorted issues with industrial equipment like Leviton smart switches and a Generac generator not liking anything above $10 network extenders that only do 2.4Ghz. I certainly would think mesh networks are an issue too. I've already turned off mesh on mine while troubleshooting those other devices and it allowed Leviton smart switches to connect. I am in the process of deciding whether to uncombine my radios at this moment. Sadly reading just this thread I have little optimism Lutron support will be, um, supportive.

Lutron Technical Support
    Hi, Please try the following steps: Is the light on the Smart Bridge solid or flashing once every 5 seconds?If it is flashing, try the following:1. Connect the bridge directly to router...not to an access point, switch, etc.2. If connected directly to the router, power cycle the router, and wait 5 minutes for the router to come back online.3. If the light still doesn't go solid, power cycle the Smart Bridge and wait two minutes.4. If the power cycles don't work, try a different port on the router.5. Try a different Ethernet cable.If it is solid, try the following:1. Connect the bridge directly to router... not to an access point, switch, etc.2. If connected directly to the router, power cycle the router and wait 5 minutes for the router to come back online.3. If you still can't connect, press and hold the black button on the back of the bridge (20 seconds) until the light ring on the bridge begins to flash rapidly and then let go and the light will return to a solid state. At this time power cycle the Smart Bridge and wait three to five minutes before trying to sign into the app again.If the above steps did not work, we would suggest emailing into support@lutron.com or calling our Tech Support line: 1-888-588-7661.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCap523 View Post
    I hope the lack of interaction here isn't typical. I'm having the same issue with a new smart bridge. I'm suspecting it doesn't like my combined SSID 2.4 & 5Ghz AP radios on my UniFi AP Pros. I've had assorted issues with industrial equipment like Leviton smart switches and a Generac generator not liking anything above $10 network extenders that only do 2.4Ghz. I certainly would think mesh networks are an issue too. I've already turned off mesh on mine while troubleshooting those other devices and it allowed Leviton smart switches to connect. I am in the process of deciding whether to uncombine my radios at this moment. Sadly reading just this thread I have little optimism Lutron support will be, um, supportive.
    The bridge connection is via ethernet - it has nothing at all to do with wifi.

IOS App Not Connecting To Lutron System

I have the same issue. I set the system up and it all worked correctly up until 2 days ago. From outside, using an LTE connection on my iPhone, I cannot connect to the Lutron bridge. Yet, when I am at home, I can connect through WI-FI and everything works correctly. What could be the problem here ??? I have deleted the app on my iphone and reinstalled. No change. I reset the Lutron bridge, and no change....still having issues.

Red face Solved problem for Linksys Velop mesh wifi system

I just added the Linksys Velop tri-band 5 mesh wifi (3 Nodes) to my internet setup. Prior to this everything had previously worked for the Lutron/Homekit system. Adding these wifi nodes to my modem router (with WiFi now disabled) gave fast WiFi connectivity throughout the house, but produced the inability to connect Lutron devices to Homekit. Oddly, the devices (Lutron and Philips) worked from within their native apps. After a couple unsuccessful hours on the phone with Linksys tech, they moved me up to a second-tier support ticket and promised to call me back. While I waited for that call (still no call yet at the end of today) I tried several options to investigate why there seemed to be a missing handshake going on. After a lot of trial and error, I came up with a setup that worked. It did take going the nuclear route, BUT in the end the Lutron devices all showed up connected in the app as they were before (yay!). The customizations (very few) were all gone though. I may try restoring from my backup I made prior to this in the Controller for Home app to see if I can get the customizations back, but I don't want to press my luck today! For now I'm just happy everything is back in working order.My setup that WASN'T working:ASUS modem router (WiFi disabled) with a router hub attached. - Velop cat5 connected directly to ASUS - Lutron and Philps bridges cat5 connected to router hub (problem point)-ASUS admin page could see Lutron and Philps bridges -Velop admin page could see all my WiFi devices - Velop system set up with same SSID and password as previous (this made for a good transition for all the other connection)- No resets of bridgesSolving the problem, steps taken:- Both Philips and Lutron bridges were hard reset.- Both bridges were then deleted from the Home app (Menu>Home Settings>Hubs & Bridges>Accessories>Lutron Smart Bridge>Remove from Home)CURRENT Working system -Velop cat5 connected directly to ASUS (still wifi disabled, still same SSID and password) - Lutron Bridge cat5 connected to Velop Parent Node (in remaining port next to the node's cat5 that's connected to ASUS) - Philips bridge cat5 connected to Velop Child Node (using on of two ports available) - In the Home App I made this game-changing adjustment (probably a rare setting for anyone else): Menu>Home Settings>Wi-Fi Network & Routers>Accessories>Lutron Electronics: changed setting (from when I first set up the Velop) from "Restrict to Home" to "Automatic" Once it was all working again, I tried a test with connecting the Philips cat5 back to the router hub… and the same "Home Unresponsive" scenario returned for the lone Philps device I have. That indicated to me that the bridges want to be connected to the device emitting the WiFi signal.On the "Restrict to Home" setting: I’d chosen the "Restrict to Home" setting for the Linksys because I thought that it kept the Homekit system environment secure from outside intrusion, which is a selling point for this Velop model which is specifically for Homekit. I'll be interested to hear what the second-tier support tech has to say about that when (if?) they call. In any case, I hope this may be of some help to others frustrated by connectivity issues with the Lutron Caseta hub. [I'm sorry this is a huge clump of text. I tried adding break codes to make it easy to read, but it looks like they get stripped off.]

Did you set the Linksys up in Bridge Mode or as a Router?

It defaults to Router out of the box.

Your experience description matches that you had it in Router mode and effectively created 2 independent networks in the house, one off the main router and one off the Linksys. When connected to the Linksys network then, you couldn't see devices on the router network as local, which is how Home Kit works. Since they were not local, but on different networks.

Moving the bridge devices behind the Linksys put them on the same internal network, that's why it worked then.

Depending on if your existing router is providing other functions, like if it's also the cable model or a fiber gateway, you might be able to completely remove it.

You could also hook a network switch up to the extra Linksys port on the primary to have a bunch of network ports in that room on the internal network. You definitely don't want to use the network switch built into the main router, as its on the router's network not the Linksys one.

If you change the Linksys to bridge mode, it would only provide WiFi for the routers network and not create its own distinct network. That should work too, but a bunch of the Linksys features probably only work when it's in router mode not bridge.

Lutron Technical Support
    May need to email this information into Lutron so they can escalate it to their engineering dept. for evaluation and possible resolution steps

Quote Originally Posted by limey View Post
    I have a brand new install (and about 25 years in the networking and computer industry :-). I connected the Bridge to the Ethernet port of my router and plugged in the power. The Bridge lights up so power seems OK.

After entering my login info, the Caseta app says "Discovering Smart Bridge..." then "Connecting to your Smart Bridge..." and then about a minute or two later says "Cannot connect to your smart bridge" and offers Cancel or Retry.

I can't find any troubleshooting docs or posts here covering this case. Fing doesn't show anything tg macro on the network that looks like it might be the Smart Bridge. No "Texas Instruments" devices, for example.

Help!
    Smart home devices are all about DIY. Getting things up and running on your own is half the fun of having a smart home. Fixing common connection problems is also quicker and cheaper than calling in the pros!
    The Lutron Caseta bridge often relies on Wi-Fi connectivity, which means the signal can occasionally disconnect. You can get your smart home ecosystem working again by resetting your network, checking for broken hardware, and finally resetting and updating your apps or firmware.
    Thankfully, connection issues are common and usually easy to fix. Are you ready to get your smart home back up and running? Let’s dive into 9 ways to reconnect your Lutron Caseta bridge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12