Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Inconsistent dimmer function

Inconsistent dimmer function

I've installed multiple Caseta Wireless In-wall Dimmers and they have worked great with my can lights. I installed one to use with a CB2 pendant light (http://m.cb2.com/firefly-pendant-light/s160038) and I bought Philips bulbs (model 457226) which I believe are on the approved list. The light is very inconsistent when I try to turn it on. Sometimes it works perfectly normal, sometimes it flashes once then turns on, sometimes it just flashes when I turn it on. I've tried to reset the dimmer range, and I've done a reset of the dimmer to factory setting. After my last reset of the range it turned on okay but won't go to the bulb's max brightness. Is that just how it's going to be?

Update: The light was turning on fine but at a lower max brightness. Now it's back to just flashing when I turn it on and doesn't stay steady at all. What's my next step?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Klrose View Post
    Update: The light was turning on fine but at a lower max brightness. Now it's back to just flashing when I turn it on and doesn't stay steady at all. What's my next step?
    Please send an email to systemsupport@lutron.com ,reference this post, and we will continue troubleshooting offline to ensure more timely responses . Once we find a solution, I will be happy to come back and share our findings in order to help others!