Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Essentials User Question

New Essentials User Question

Hi,
    I have had a RadioRA 2 system that I installed in my new construction house 2 years ago. I finally got around to finishing the BLAST training and received the Essentials software so that I can integrate the system with my whole house automation system. When I originally installed the system, I manually programmed it. My question is, can I import the programmed system into Essentials? I can't seem to find the answer anywhere and I don't see an option like that in the software. Maybe that is my answer, but I wanted to ask in case I am missing something. If I can save the time of re-programming all the keypads, it would be great.

pkarakis-
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news- you'll need a default. You should be able to manually default the main, which in turn should also signal the dimmers and keypads to default. This is a simple task. Then you'll need to build into your software, program, activate, and transfer.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Well, it is what it is. Thank you for verifying my suspicion. I appreciate the help.

Never knew the RA 2 system could be manually programmed. Man that must've taken forever.

Actually, it is not bad. I have 78 switches and once I decided what I wanted the keypad buttons to do, it probably took 3-4 hours start to finish. I bet resetting the system and programming in the software will take twice that long. Just entering all of the switches into the software took me 2.5 hours. I just don't understand why Lutron would allow for manual programming and have no provision to later pull that programming into their software. Everything is saved in the main repeater.

The Inclusive software can pull a software programmed file from the main repeater, but not a walk-around.

Where you are going to find the software beneficial is when changes need to be made. The software and apps change change the programming in seconds. It sounds like you have far more thought (and planning) than most. Also, the walk-around cannot use the apps, and is impossible to integrate. Just too much processor space would have been needed for this to happen and maintain the price point that they were looking for- consider the main repeater a computer that is probably at least ten years old.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Thank you. That helps me understand a little better.