First would like to say frustrated by the over-organization of information by Lutron- ya gotta go all over to find it. Case in point, ELV+ dimmers come set Reverse Phase, so many times you'll be changing that. But it is barely mentioned in the enclosed flyer, under troubleshooting, and then you have to go to a website for the solution. Once you get there, it's unclear and incomplete.
I'm writing a Caseta Survival Guide for my own use, and below is the instructions from it. Step 4 clarifies that it is the Favorite button that you press, and step 6 is added. I kept thinking I had a defective dimmer when each time I completed setting it to forward phase the light came on full and could not be dimmed or turned off, even though the indicator LED's would go up and down. Cycling the FAAS switch was the solution.
CHANGE PHASE OF ELV+ DIMMER
DIMMER OFTEN COMES REVERSE PHASE(ELV). TO CHANGE TO FORWARD PHASE:
1. CYCLE DIMMER- PULL OUT THEN PUSH IN SERVICE SWITCH AT BOTTOM OF DIMMER
2. HOLD DOWN ON AND OFF BUTTONS UNTIL A TOP OR BOTTOM STATUS LIGHT BLINKS (~ 6 SECONDS)
3. TOP BLINK=FORWARD PHASE (MLV, INCAN.) BOTTOM BLINK=REVERSE PHASE (ELV)
4. PRESS FAVORITE BUTTON TO TOGGLE BETWEEN FORWARD AND REVERSE PHASE
5. SAVE BY PRESSING BOTTOM/OFF BUTTON UNTIL BLINK STOPS (~ 6 SECONDS)
6. SOMETIMES DIMMER WILL LOCK ON FULL. USUALLY A REPEAT OF STEP #1 WILL SOLVE THIS