Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home Control+ Connection

Yeah, I assumed you'd be using the Ethernet connection, not the 232 - but to my knowledge, the 3rd party interface behavior would be the same. I'd stick with the ethernet interface and not even bother with the 232 (although the lan bridge may be capable of that? But I don't think it is... I think the TCP multiplexing feature only works on the ethernet interface).

Here is a link to the device if you haven't seen it. http://www.commandfusion.com/wiki2/s...t-multiplexing

There may be other solutions, including ones you could build yourself. I understand the 3rd party interface to RA2 very well, and I can't see any reason why a multiplexed connection wouldn't work, assuming that the client software is simply sending commands and reacting to monitoring data. I guess there is a small chance that the client software could be making a synchronous socket connection to the repeater - and this would be problematic as the multiplexed clients could then interfere with each other - but I would not expect that to be the case. Now, there are some things in the Home+ software that I'm not familiar with - like the scene editing functions. It is possible that this functionality does depend on having an individualized connection to the repeater. I don't think this part of the interface is published in the integration guide, so I don't know how that works under the hood. It might be worth wiresharking that, and seeing how it works. It might simply be editing the XML file on the repeater - in which case it'd be a non-issue as it'd be using the web port for those communications. Not sure... hopefully someone from Lutron can chime in on this and explain how Home+ does the download, uses synchronous or asynchronous socket, and the mechanism to edit scenes on the repeater.

I think maybe the next thing to do is find some software that will do this multiplexing and then test out multiple clients through that multiplexed connection. If that works, then getting a hardware solution in place (or leaving the software running if you are ok with that) is a good path forward. I found one project on the internet for this, but it's just C source code. I didn't find anything else. http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcpm...?source=navbar

Good luck!

Hello,

I am having an issue with the home control app. I configure the system, program and transfer it to the main repeater and everything is fine.
    But when I try to discover the system on the app, it discovers it, but when I try connect it tells me that I can't connect to the system.

I have used 5 different devices and have the same result. What could be wrong?

Please advise,

Thanks in advance,

Jacob

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Jacob, What is the IP address of the main repeater and what is the IP address of one of the devices you are using to discover the system? You will want to make sure that the IP address of the main repeater is set to be on the same network as the device you are using.

Good morning,

I actually have the commandfusion lanbridge and have been doing testing with it. My issue however is not to connect multiple devices to the repeater, it is to keep the telnet session open between the lanbridge and the rr2 repeater. I have tried to use the built in scheduler to keep sending a packet every 5 seconds (in this case I am just using the #MONITORING,255,1\z0D\x0A as the command... but I wil leave it at night after having it connected for a few hours only to find that it has disconnected the next day. I would like to understand how to keep this connection alive. I have set up rules in the LANbridge as well that listen on the IP address of my main repeater on port 23 for the strings *login:* and *password:* and send the appropriate info to log in, but inexplicably despite this and the 5 second pulse of the monitoring string, the connection keeps getting lost.

Is there a better command that i could be sending initially to "keep" the connection alive?

thanks for your help.

Mike

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The RadioRA2 main repeater does not have an internal timeout for a telnet connection. It sounds like the router is closing this connection.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12