Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacing Grafik Eye with Caseta

Switching from Grafik Eye -> Casetá

I used to have 2 GRX Grafik Eyes. They worked fine for about 25 years. Eventually one zone failed and my needs changed. I was looking to upgrade. I also have MR-16 Halogen Recessed Lighting with magnetic transformers, that worked fine on the Grafik Eyes. I have installed a complete Casetá System in my residence. Every single light is controlled by Casetá. Including my existing MR-16 Halogen Recessed Lighting with magnetic transformers, in my kitchen, hallway and office. I specified the Casetá PD-5NE-** for Low Voltage / Magnetic Transformers. The installation was seamless. The following is a listing of my Casetá System 1 - Casetá Hub19 - Dimmers (mix of PD-6WCL-GWH and PD-5NE-BL)5- Lamp Modules1 - Switch26 Devices Total4 - Regular Picos1 - 4 Button Kitchen Pico3 - 4 Button Relax Picos2 - 4 Button Movie Picos4 - 4 Button Custom Engraved Pico14 Picos Total40 Total Devices1 - Single Pedestal3 - Double Pedestal1 - Triple Pedestal

I used to have 2 GRX Grafik Eyes. They worked fine for about 25 years. Eventually one zone failed and my needs changed. I was looking to upgrade. I also have MR-16 Halogen Recessed Lighting with magnetic transformers, that worked fine on the Grafik Eyes. I have installed a complete Casetá System in my residence. Every single light is controlled by Casetá. Including my existing MR-16 Halogen Recessed Lighting with magnetic transformers, in my kitchen, hallway and office. I specified the Casetá PD-5NE-** for Low Voltage / Magnetic Transformers. The installation was seamless. The following is a listing of my Casetá System 1 - Casetá Hub19 - Dimmers (mix of PD-6WCL-GWH and PD-5NE-BL)5- Lamp Modules1 - Switch26 Devices Total4 - Regular Picos1 - 4 Button Kitchen Pico3 - 4 Button Relax Picos2 - 4 Button Movie Picos4 - 4 Button Custom Engraved Pico14 Picos Total40 Total Devices1 - Single Pedestal3 - Double Pedestal1 - Triple Pedestal

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNied View Post
    I recommend a neutral based dimmer (5NE, 10NXD) for MLV loads.

Halogen with MLV transformers typically isn't an issue. Unless you have WAC fixtures.

MLV transformers do have a minimum load. For some reason it is a closer guarded secret than ICBM launch codes. If the transformer is part of the fixture (like can lights) it is usually not an issue. If the transformer is remote (like some track lighting) it can be an issue.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12