Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Haunted system

Haunted system

I know Halloween is coming up, but this is a little more serious.

My system has decided to activate itself at its own desire. Two nights ago while watching tv it suddenly turned all the lights on in the house. After a WTF moment, I reset them all and continued on. About 45 minutes later, it turned OFF every light in the house.

Last night, my partner got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, only to discover every light in the house turned on, except the bedroom and master bathroom.

I'm tempted to just reset everything to factory default and start again, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Any advice?

Are you the original programmer or have access to this information? Lutron tech support and the program file with the software on your lap-top is going to be the best place to start.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Yes, I installed the system, but there is no computer software. Everything was configured through the iPhone app. I wasn't aware there was a computer program for setup.

Sorry, usually do the RadioRA2 thing. I'd call tech support anyway. You could always delete the app and re-install. Then try deleting the entire thing, but only after talking to Lutron. They may already have a solution.

One thought, do you have the geofencing enabled for a scene? If the location on that phone is dancing around or they were working on towers, it may have mis-located your phone and activiated those geofenced scenes.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Were you able to resolve this?

I'm pretty sure my system is occasionally deciding to turn on a particular Scene on its own. It's not on any sort of schedule or geofencing. It's a scene I normally have to manually activate.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by julianm View Post
    Were you able to resolve this?

I'm pretty sure my system is occasionally deciding to turn on a particular Scene on its own. It's not on any sort of schedule or geofencing. It's a scene I normally have to manually activate.
    Next time this happens, take note of the time and send us a support file along with the time of the event. Please generate the support file while connected to the same network as the Smart Bridge.

On the home screen of the app, please press "i" (Apple) or "Home" (Android) and then press "Send Feedback". Then, please just reference this forum post in the subject of the email before pressing send.

Aha. I remembered you mentioning the support file in other threads and tried to generate one last time it happened but I was unable to figure out how to find it. I'll remember to Send Feedback directly next time. thanks!

Pretty sure we got mine figured out!

Thanks to help from the support team after submitting my support file. I had forgotten the Lutron "Arriving Home" scene is different from the HomeKit one.

The Lutron "Arriving Home" scene was being triggered by Nest, which is erroneously marking me "Home" even though I don't have the phone location Home/Away Assist turned on.

9. Thanks Zach R. thanked for this post