Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does this mean HomeKit/Siri support is coming soon to RadioRA 2?

Does this mean HomeKit/Siri support is coming soon to RadioRA 2?

http://www.lutron.com/europe/Company....aspx?prid=553
    It lists HWQS and Grafik RA2, so I'm wondering if they will announce anything for RR2 later this week... Any thoughts? Im holding off buying a connect bridge for myself in hopes of home kit being supported in the next connect bridge.

Wow, I sure hope RA2 is included too. HWQS support debunks the Apple device number limitation previously discussed...

Same here. Fingers crossed. Someone on the Caseta posts made a good point about the Caseta line up being used to test homekit before it gets released to the dealer systems. Its likely that the hangup is on apple's side of things and not lutron, considering the stringent hoops associated with homekit (as I've heard).

If they can make it work for HWQS, they should be able to do so for RA2.

This was posted by veeeh in a Caseta forum- http://finance.yahoo.com/news/lutron...083000945.html
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    This was posted by veeeh in a Caseta forum- http://finance.yahoo.com/news/lutron...083000945.html
    I think this is effectively the same as above. Do you see any new info in this link or have other info on if RA2 is covered?

Quote Originally Posted by schalliol View Post
    I think this is effectively the same as above. Do you see any new info in this link or have other info on if RA2 is covered?

Rep coming by tomorrow for a counter day, and my associate just got back from RSD training with Lutron. I'll see what I can find out.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

8. Likes schalliol liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    Rep coming by tomorrow for a counter day, and my associate just got back from RSD training with Lutron. I'll see what I can find out.
    Have you heard anything yet? I've called Lutron, and they don't know anything...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mvdsMKzWrM

Go to 5:40 where Matt confirms it's coming this spring. Only real verbal USA confirmation I've seen on the internet yet.

11. Thanks schalliol thanked for this post
    Likes schalliol liked this post
    From link in OP (orginal post) It looks like HomeKit is coming in March. Which means I need to swap out installed bridges (hubs) again to support HomeKit. Thank you Lutron for doing this too us again!!!! I have trouble believing RadioRa2 will be left behind.

"Apple HomeKit – Starting in March, the Lutron Connect Bridge, part of the HomeWorks QS and GRAFIK RA 2 systems, will support Apple HomeKit, enabling homeowners to control their Lutron systems using the Apple Home app, Siri, or third-party HomeKit apps on their iPhone or iPad. Homeowners can control lights in specific rooms or areas. For example, just before bed, tell Siri “turn the lights off” and the Bridge will turn off lights throughout the house. Unsure if the kitchen light is still on? Ask Siri to check and if so, turn it off. "
    Last edited by Lukeetal; 02-12-2017 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Spelling grammar

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast