Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  20
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Does this mean HomeKit/Siri support is coming soon to RadioRA 2?

It is natural for one to expect HomeKit would work after software updates when they shipped a bridge for the cheap-o product at a higher cost AFTER the cheap-o product has the functionality already included.

Remember, it's still less than a year since the Connect Bridge shipped and there was no indication that a future product would be released less than a year later. They could've done this if they said at release "this product won't work with HomeKit, but we'll be releasing one that will in the near future if permitted by Apple."

Does this mean we should also hold out for another version that might accommodate the "Google Home" as well??

3. Likes schalliol, SDR-Mike liked this post
    I feel terrible for the professionals on here - I would hate to be put in such a position with my clients (I'm guessing that the overwhelming majority of clients are also iphone users). I'm just a DIYer so while annoying, I face no one else's wrath (and I don't use iPhone, so Homekit compatibility isn't an issue)

Crud - I just bought a bunch of these end of December.

I won't be able, in all good conscience, sell these to my clients. Really upset. And I guarantee my clients are going to be even more upset! Ughhhhhh!

Why no warning? I really hate that I have to come here to hunt for updates when warnings of new products/enhancements should be sent out to all installers.

6. Likes schalliol, SDR-Mike liked this post
    I hope Lutron takes accountability for the mistake they made here. RA2 customers are feeling disadvantaged already when the exact same components with different codings cost less at Caseta Wireless, and this sure doesn't help.

8. Thanks SDR-Mike thanked for this post
    Likes Thecho, SDR-Mike liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by paulhanks View Post
    If this is true I'm going to have a lot of upset customers who purchased the Bridge 1 that were holding out for Homekit....
    lol yep. <raises hand>. ;-)

99 loads?

Quote Originally Posted by dvpvic View Post
    This is what I got from release notes Inclusive software 11.0 release on mylutron.com
    "
    • [COLOR=rgb(21.200000%, 37.300000%, 56.900000%)]New in 11.0[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=rgb(31.000000%, 50.600000%, 74.100000%)]New Features[/COLOR]

1. Support for Apple HomeKit. Control up to 99 individual lights or shades using voice commandsthrough Apple HomeKit compatible voice services and mobile apps. (Ex: Siri, set the living roomlamp to 50%) Requires HomeKit compatible Lutron Connect Bridge (CONNECT-BDG2) and setupin the Lutron Connect mobile app. Note that HomeKit scenes must be used to adjust multiplelights with a single command.
    2. Network Loop Detection. The system will now detect network loops and a notification isprovided if a loop is discovered. "

So perhaps the BDG2 will be supported? I dont know how many are out just gen 1 correct? So gen 2 is to be released...?
    So if I'm over 99 loads I have to pick which one the owner has control over? Does Siri or Lutron choose?
    Yes I am working on a project that has 106 loads on it. 4 are WPM. Which is another question. How do WPM's play into it. With that count I'm at
    126 loads/ individual lights. So 26 lights they can's control?
    And to set up Siri scenes that is done through Home Kit? So I sent scenes in the software for standard setup and scenes in Home Kit. My programming hours just went up fast. So not being s Iphone/pad guy I either need to use the owners for setup or buy my own?

Not complaining about the Home kit thing (yet) just need more understanding. The 99 limit is not generally a issue but could be.

I just recently sold 3 of these of the CONNECT-BDG1 to Customers, two of them are big Apple users. If Lutron does not do something on this I will just need to take the loss to keep my Customers happy. All I find on the CONNECT-BDG2 is an international unit with no power-supply. The question I have is Lutron going to have some sort of a replacement program? How do I obtain the new Connect bridge?

12. Likes schalliol liked this post

Connect-bdg

Sorry I duplicated the post above and do not seem to see a way to delete this post.

Same thing at here... Couple of pieces got stocked up, can't agree more about the lack of communication from Lutron and to wish a replacement program

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast