Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  20
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does this mean HomeKit/Siri support is coming soon to RadioRA 2?

This is totally ridiculous, and I can't see why you even released the first version less than a year ago.

Can you do an upgrade program at least?

I sure hope the gen 2 bridge will support two-way communication with the Master Repeater. Documentation about the gen 1 bridge should acknowledge that while you can use other thermostats and devices, they are not part of your system and can't accept an away command from a keypad.

2. Thanks SDR-Mike thanked for this post
    Likes SDR-Mike liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Bo. View Post
    To clarify a few things here HomeKit will be available for RadioRa 2. Apple requires a physical chip and a HomeKit code on all HomeKit products to ensure quality so a gen 2 bridge will be coming out with the HomeKit chip. Unfortently a firmware update wouldn't be enough to enable this feature. This will be the only difference between the gen 1 bridge and new gen 2 bridge.
    HomeKit will control lighting zones and shades, if scene control is desired the scenes will need to be created within the Apple Home app.
    Will the gen 1 bridge continue to receive (non-Homekit) functionality upgrades in parallel with the gen 2 bridge going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by schalliol View Post
    This is totally ridiculous, and I can't see why you even released the first version less than a year ago.

Can you do an upgrade program at least?

I sure hope the gen 2 bridge will support two-way communication with the Master Repeater. Documentation about the gen 1 bridge should acknowledge that while you can use other thermostats and devices, they are not part of your system and can't accept an away command from a keypad.

What is the recourse for those of us that purchased the gen 1 bridge? I hope that something is offered as a swap out program for us Apple users. I would have returned all of my connect bridges and waited for the gen 2. I still have the over-priced and outdated gen 1 Smart Bridges to contend with. I understand the bridges will still work with Android, but we have a mixed house and I for one do not ever seeing switching to a Google based platform for my own use.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

5. Thanks schalliol thanked for this post
    Likes schalliol liked this post
    Seems it won't be two-way .. "This will be the only difference between the gen 1 bridge and new gen 2 bridge."

Fair point on the 2-way. However, I think the issue I raised where the Connect Bridge peripherals are not really part of the RA2 system (and only show in the app) could be fixed via firmware to both [gen 1 and gen 2] Connect Bridge and the Main Repeater.

Quote Originally Posted by schalliol View Post
    could be fixed via firmware to both [gen 1 and gen 2] Connect Bridge and the Main Repeater.
    I'm in total agreement.

This is what I got from release notes Inclusive software 11.0 release on mylutron.com
    "
    • [COLOR=rgb(21.200000%, 37.300000%, 56.900000%)]New in 11.0[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=rgb(31.000000%, 50.600000%, 74.100000%)]New Features[/COLOR]

1. Support for Apple HomeKit. Control up to 99 individual lights or shades using voice commandsthrough Apple HomeKit compatible voice services and mobile apps. (Ex: Siri, set the living roomlamp to 50%) Requires HomeKit compatible Lutron Connect Bridge (CONNECT-BDG2) and setupin the Lutron Connect mobile app. Note that HomeKit scenes must be used to adjust multiplelights with a single command.
    2. Network Loop Detection. The system will now detect network loops and a notification isprovided if a loop is discovered. "

So perhaps the BDG2 will be supported? I dont know how many are out just gen 1 correct? So gen 2 is to be released...?
    Last edited by dvpvic; 02-22-2017 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Double post

So the bridge I spent over $200 on (I can't remember what I paid) just a few months ago when Sonos support came out won't work with HomeKit because it didn't ship with a sticker?????

You all need to offer a trade in program or something. That's outrageous.

11. Thanks schalliol, SDR-Mike thanked for this post
    Likes schalliol, SDR-Mike, Thecho liked this post
    Absolutely. What an embarrassment.

13. Thanks SDR-Mike thanked for this post
    Likes SDR-Mike, Thecho liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Bo. View Post
    To clarify a few things here HomeKit will be available for RadioRa 2. Apple requires a physical chip and a HomeKit code on all HomeKit products to ensure quality so a gen 2 bridge will be coming out with the HomeKit chip. Unfortently a firmware update wouldn't be enough to enable this feature. This will be the only difference between the gen 1 bridge and new gen 2 bridge.
    HomeKit will control lighting zones and shades, if scene control is desired the scenes will need to be created within the Apple Home app.

If this is true I'm going to have a lot of upset customers who purchased the Bridge 1 that were holding out for Homekit....

15. Likes schalliol, Thecho liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast