Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Temporary lighting for construction

Temporary lighting for construction

Hey there,

I'm curious how everyone is handling temporary lighting during construction phase with centralized rpm panels.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BradKas View Post
    Hey there,

I'm curious how everyone is handling temporary lighting during construction phase with centralized rpm panels.

Thanks!
    Prior to having processors/keypads installed the breakers can be used to switch the lights on and off...

Yes, however this seems to be a point of confusion and frustration among some general contractors and sub trades. One GC complained every day that all the lights in the house are on with people only working on a few rooms (yes because construction electricity on this $4M house is of great concern).

One dealer I spoke with at our local training was installing the MI and RPMs at the end of electrical pre wire, and programming a file for construction lighting. This seems like a lot of work and I wasn't thrilled about having the equipment in there so early with temp light bulbs, drywall dust, etc.

Before that I never thought twice about using breakers so I was curious if anyone had some interesting ideas.

$2 light switch and the manual override port on the MI. Wire for the switch in a closet. Works great.

5. Likes Chris Y., Ty W. liked this post
    I've had good luck with installing RPMs. MIs, processors, temp keypad. If you're really worried about dust and damage and you have 4Rs in the build you could write a temporary pgm with just a few circuits that the electrician could pigtail out to all the needed switch legs as he sees fit. A few of my past jobsites actually requested timers, so a keypad wouldn't be necessary.