Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Commands getting missed?

Post Commands getting missed?

I have a customer that has been having some funny things happening with a system I programmed. When you push the scene button on, the appropriate lights turn on (set to the 2s default ramp time) but when she presses the button to turn the lights off, it can take any where from 2s to 5 minutes for the lights to turn off. The scene is set to a toggle scene, it is a stanard incandescent type lamp and there is an auxillary repeater right next to this room. Is there any reason that command is taking so long to reach the dimmer other than the fact they already think their house is haunted?

Also, is it normal that if they double tap the scene button (on a toggle scene) that it insantly turns the lights off associated with that scene? I have never read this or seen it any where so was not sure if it was normal behavior.

Thank you,
    Amy Riley

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    To better help determine the cause of this issue can you temporarily disconnect the main repeater from the local network to see if this issue still occurs?

The homeowner did this and it seems to be working better.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by amyriley View Post
    The homeowner did this and it seems to be working better.
    If removing from the network helped then something on the network is affecting the system. You will want to try and find out what device on the network is causing the disruption. Another possibility is to try and subnet the main repeater off the main network. This will help it bypass the normal network traffic and only address traffic directed towards it. This may require the assistance of an IT professional.