Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Caseta 3 way NOT Dimmer

Caseta 3 way NOT Dimmer

I have a 3 way switch in a hallway and I know I can use a Caseta Dimmer and a Pico but I was wondering if there is a way to do a 3 way with non-dimmer switches? No need to dim the hallway lights.

PD-6ANS-xx or the PD-5WS-DV-xx with the PJ2-2B-Gxx-L01
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

3. Thanks Zach R. thanked for this post
    Thanks!!

That is exactly what I needed.

5. Likes Zach R. liked this post
    With the switches listed, you can also reuse the mechanical switch as the second switch.

7. Thanks Zach R. thanked for this post
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by movieboy007 View Post
    I have a 3 way switch in a hallway and I know I can use a Caseta Dimmer and a Pico but I was wondering if there is a way to do a 3 way with non-dimmer switches? No need to dim the hallway lights.
    . I need a quote for a Lutron 3 way non dimmer switch

Quote Originally Posted by jerryherskowitz View Post
    Lutron.com has a where to buy section, look for a qualified Electrical distributor or installer.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryherskowitz View Post
    Or amazon.com which is where I have been buying my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by rhett7660 View Post
    Or amazon.com which is where I have been buying my stuff.
    No warranty as Amazon retailers are not authorized dealers. Lutron's extremely liberal warranty policy for authorized distributors has come under a little more tighter control. At some point, I would assume a receipt from an authorized retailer/distributor will be required.

I won't get into a rant about this, but see it from MY point of view. Why would I stock or support a product that some yeah-who on the internet with little to no overhead and zero training and/or product knowledge just throws a ridiculously low margin on? My customers buy from me because I get them the right thing the first time, every time. You can buy whatever and wherever you want. I will sell you what you need first, what you want second. I won't get into an internet price war as a distributor. I'd lose, and so would my customer as service starts to drop to meet the incoming margins generated. I understand that you want the best price, but I can't tell you how many times the low bid that won falls FAR short of the required products/services/knowledge to finish the task.

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    No warranty as Amazon retailers are not authorized dealers. Lutron's extremely liberal warranty policy for authorized distributors has come under a little more tighter control. At some point, I would assume a receipt from an authorized retailer/distributor will be required.

I won't get into a rant about this, but see it from MY point of view. Why would I stock or support a product that some yeah-who on the internet with little to no overhead and zero training and/or product knowledge just throws a ridiculously low margin on? My customers buy from me because I get them the right thing the first time, every time. You can buy whatever and wherever you want. I will sell you what you need first, what you want second. I won't get into an internet price war as a distributor. I'd lose, and so would my customer as service starts to drop to meet the incoming margins generated. I understand that you want the best price, but I can't tell you how many times the low bid that won falls FAR short of the required products/services/knowledge to finish the task.
    If it is purchased from Amazon.com not an affiliated retailer, I would assume it would be covered since Lutron themselves are pointing you towards amazon from the "shop" page no? It is the affiliate program you have to worry about when it comes to warranty information. No?

http://www.lutron.com/en-US/general/...tronStore.aspx