Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-5NE Caseta Dimmer with halogen ELV Install - Not working

PD-5NE Caseta Dimmer with halogen ELV Install - Not working

Had an electrician here to install two PD-5NE dimmers to replace two Maestro dimmers which control halogen low voltage ceiling lights. The top 3 green led lights on switch just blink and did not turn on the ceiling lights. The electrician was at a loss so reinstalled original Maestro dimmers. Am I missing something? These are supposed to work in multi applications, cfl, elv, mlv, inc... is there something special that needed to be done?

Also, the original Maestro weren't connected to neutral, and the new dimmers require connecting to neutral. So they were spliced into neutral in box.

Attaching transformer pic.

Thanks for any help or suggestions. Hopefully these will work, or have to pay restocking and shipping fees.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5622.JPG   FullSizeRender 5.jpg  

Did the electrician call Lutron tech support? I believe the led behavior you list would provide a hint to tech support so they could help the electrician with any wiring errors, setup requirements, or compatibility issues.
    Based on the transformer picture and model number I presume these are compatible, so there was either a config or wiring problem.

I just read the instruction sheet troubleshooting section:
    Top or bottom3 LEDs on thedimmer areblinking.Dimmer is detecting the wrongload type. To change the phase ofthe dimmer, follow instructions atwww.casetawireless.com/change_phase

Have the electrician come back and follow the instructions. It should work out okay if they follow the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    Did the electrician call Lutron tech support? I believe the led behavior you list would provide a hint to tech support so they could help the electrician with any wiring errors, setup requirements, or compatibility issues.
    Based on the transformer picture and model number I presume these are compatible, so there was either a config or wiring problem.

I just read the instruction sheet troubleshooting section:
    Top or bottom3 LEDs on thedimmer areblinking.Dimmer is detecting the wrongload type. To change the phase ofthe dimmer, follow instructions atwww.casetawireless.com/change_phase

Have the electrician come back and follow the instructions. It should work out okay if they follow the guide.
    Thanks very much for the reply. The electrician wasn't familiar with Caseta. I showed him the included instructions, but he just said it wasn't working and suggested wiring. I do believe this is the case as you pointed out. There are two black wires connected to the current Maestro dimmer. Just need to figure out which black wire is connected to which wire (black and red) on the new dimmer and may do it myself.