Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: remote program HWQS 6.0.1

remote program HWQS 6.0.1

How do I remote design and program using HWQS 6.0.1 software? I got homeworks sistem installed, and using a timecapsule router.

Thanks
    Andrei

Generally you would set up a vpn connection and be able to remotely upload. Currently I don't believe you can do a remote extraction yet. Once the vpn is setup and connected on your machine you can go under network settings and choose "Use VPN"

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    If you are a qualified HomeWorks dealer, I would recommend logging into the HomeWorks resource site (http://resi.lutron.com) and reading through app note #231. It steps you through the process of setting up remote access using a VPN router. Here is the link to the aforementioned app note...

http://resi.lutron.com/Portals/3/Pro...31c_prelim.pdf

I thought it was possible to connect using Dyndns or noip DNS service since it is written in REMOTE ACESS "Use VPN or Remote Acess". So it is possible to use a VPN to also remote connect with Iphone app? I´m located in Brazil and I heard it is not possible to use the iphone user tool in Brazil.
    Thanks al lot

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    It is indeed possible to connect using a DynDNS service, and App Note #231 discusses that. As for using a VPN to also remotely access the system using an iPhone, that is possible as well and is also called out in the app note.