Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hw>hwi>dims

Hw>hwi>dims

Learned today that all 'HW-' 'HWI-' part numbers have been removed from DIMS. Below is a quote from the DIMS administrator.

“The HWI products are Homeworks Illumination which we recently removed from all catalogs. We are phasing out these products and no longer want them to be available on DIMS. Going forward, they will have to inquire about any inventory or orders via customer service.”

This means that you can no longer enter complete HWQS BOM orders into DIMS, Deleted items that are still HWQS products include:

HWI-PNL8
    HWI-PNL5
    HWI-MI-120
    HW-RPM-4A
    HW-RPM-4U
    HW-RPM-4R
    HW-RPM-4FSQ

Advise your factory rep to contact Lutron and urge that they correct this ill-timed action. Not being able to order through DIMS makes processes less efficient and takes the EDI discount away from direct accounts.

Apparently DIMS is due to be replaced, but that has not yet happened so all -HW and -HWI items which are part of HWQS systems must remain available in DIMS

2. Thanks digit1 thanked for this post
    I just checked with our inventory manager, he confirmed it. It does seem like an odd decision- did the team electing to remove the HW and HWI part numbers understand that this could cost direct accounts time and money?

Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    I just checked with our inventory manager, he confirmed it. It does seem like an odd decision- did the team electing to remove the HW and HWI part numbers understand that this could cost direct accounts time and money?
    My guess is someone in a non-technical department who does not know there are current HW and HWI parts in HWQS gave someone else a directive to remove Illumination parts numbers from the catalog and here we are. Call your reps and have them demand they put these back

ISSUE RESOLVED! Items will be back in DIMS tonight