Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Extract XML from Repeater not working

Question Extract XML from Repeater not working

My system was programmed and transferred using version 6.3.0 of the RA2 Essentials software. For some reason, I am no longer able to get the DbXmlInfo.xml off of the repeater by hitting it with a web browser. (I just get an empty response). My android Home+ still works fine though (and I'm guessing it's using this same information to load initially? I've tried both Chrome and IE.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ryan

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by rdgerken View Post
    My system was programmed and transferred using version 6.3.0 of the RA2 Essentials software. For some reason, I am no longer able to get the DbXmlInfo.xml off of the repeater by hitting it with a web browser. (I just get an empty response). My android Home+ still works fine though (and I'm guessing it's using this same information to load initially? I've tried both Chrome and IE.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ryan
    If you type in the IP address of the main repeater in a web browser does it bring up a login page? If it does then login with username: lutron and password: lutron. Then see if you can download the XML file from there.

If it does not then it would seem the main repeater is not at that address anymore. This could happen if DHCP is enabled or using an IP within the router's DHCP Client Table. When using a static IP you want to make sure the IP is outside the DHCP Client Table. The DHCP Client Table can be reset on the router and another device could connect before the main repeater and take the IP previously used by the main repeater. If this is the case then just reset the IP outside the table and try extracting the XML again.

Kevin,

Thank you for your reply. Yeah, there is definitely something not right. I have no problems reaching the login page, and also selecting the DeviceIP page, and seeing the detailed information on the repeater. Repeated attempts to click on the "Get Database Info as XML" fail in all the browsers I have installed, as well as trying to right click and save target as - it acts like it is going to download, and then it just errors out as no data actually gets sent. My repeater is definitely at that IP. As I mentioned, I can hit the web pages no problem, and I'm also using 3rd party integration via Ethernet no problem. I'm using a DHCP reservation on a pfsense router - and it's been set up that way for over a year. This used to work in previous firmware versions. I have just tried powering down the unit completely, and bringing it back up - with the same results. What I continue to find odd though, is that after a transfer to the router, the Home+ application has no problem at all downloading the configuration. Isn't the Home+ app doing the same thing I'm trying to do with my web browser?

Perhaps there is some kind of master reset I can do? I see the procedure for doing a factory default reset on the main repeater. As long as I have my project saved, I should be able to re-transfer it if i attempt to do this? I am thinking of trying the factory default reset, re-flashing the firmware 6.3.0, and then retransferring the project. Does this sound ok to try?

Thanks,
    Ryan

OK, so after factory resetting, reactivating the entire system... no change. However, with Steve's help - I was able to find that Chrome on my Mac, and Firefox on a Windows 7 32 system work fine. For whatever reason, my Win 7 64 box with Chrome / IE - it won't work. Very strange...

Alright... so I got to the bottom of it. I am running Kaspersky Pure on this machine... and it's network "protection" or something must be causing the issue. When I disabled that, it works as expected. Thanks!

6. Thanks Kevin P. thanked for this post