Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Large Caseta Install - Advice Needed

Quote Originally Posted by malba2366 View Post
    Right now I think they're trying to walk a fine line between entering the DIY market and keeping the custom installers happy. It is looking more and more like DIY is the future of this market. The DIY side is starting to get a lot of media coverage, and it will be huge within 5 years or so. The smarter custom installers will change their business model to installing the DIY products for less tech savvy people for a modest fee and the not so smart ones will be left behind. I would be willing to bet that within 5 years Lutron will be fully behind caseta as a whole home solution minimize investment in t other platforms.
    Well at that point lutron better quadruple their technical support staff. Because right now we (the dealers, licensed software holders) spend our money, and time to take course to have the knowledge to set these systems up with right devices to work with various fixtures/bulds, layout, programming etc. Throw in Alarm, smart locks, shades in there and its gonna be a hot mess. Not saying that this all can't be learned from a DIYers stand point, but not all are equal.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by dvpvic View Post
    Well at that point lutron better quadruple their technical support staff. Because right now we (the dealers, licensed software holders) spend our money, and time to take course to have the knowledge to set these systems up with right devices to work with various fixtures/bulds, layout, programming etc. Throw in Alarm, smart locks, shades in there and its gonna be a hot mess. Not saying that this all can't be learned from a DIYers stand point, but not all are equal.
    We will always have a place for our residential dealers, and everyone in Tech Support thanks you for all the hard work you do in the field!

Question, you quote $56 for each pair of Dimmer/Pico and then mention ELV+, which is I think $96 just for the dimmer. Of course you will want the ELV+ because they are the only ones with a preset on them. It seems to me you might want to budget $100/switch or about $18k plus the $1,200.

Update - Did you have success with your install?

Hi, I was wondering if you ever had success with your install or what you went with? I have a large house, 11,000+ sq ft., as well and not about to spend the money these guys want to install Control 4 or Savant systems. I know its been a while since your post. Hopefully you are still out there:). I would rather do this myself and save a ton of money. Hope to hear from you.

Quote Originally Posted by bfolk318 View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if you ever had success with your install or what you went with? I have a large house, 11,000+ sq ft., as well and not about to spend the money these guys want to install Control 4 or Savant systems. I know its been a while since your post. Hopefully you are still out there:). I would rather do this myself and save a ton of money. Hope to hear from you.
    You can post your questions on the Homeseer Forum, many use more than one bridge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12