Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Two bridges or same network in close proximity

Two bridges or same network in close proximity

Hello,

I maintain a software package to allow Caseta to work with arbitrary systems that lack an official integration. Everything works but testing has always been a bit of a chore because I have to use my home's "production" hub for testing and that throws things off balance sometimes. I am willing to fork over the money for a 2nd hub that I can use for testing with a couple of attached devices but I don't know if they will work in the same area. Will the wireless functionality of multiple hubs operate properly when right next to each other? My guess is "yes" because otherwise two homes right next to each other would potentially have issues but I wanted to make sure.

My integrations only use basic Telnet so there should be no conflict with on the LAN side.

Thanks,
    Gregg

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello Gregg,

Yes, another hub can be utilized in this case without any RF interference with those specific devices. Please note that these test devices will only be utilized with the secondary hub, there is no way for them to communicate between hubs. Once that secondary hub is acquired, it can be added to the same Lutron account! Please follow this article here: How do I add another Caseta Smart Hub to my system? | Lutron