Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  41
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Caseta System at max Capacity

New issue, not sure if its a 2 hub issue or the fact that I have removed a few lights from hub 1.

But Hub 1, App 1 (original system) is now showing that I always have a light on, even though they are all off. The app "picture of the house" always has the lights on, and when I leave home I get a warning that the light ((null)) was left on.

Any ideas? seems the hub still thinks there is a light attached to it, thats on, but not there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 10.51.42 AM.png  

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWa View Post
    Hey Zach,
    Any chance the 50 device limit can be addressed in the future via software or hardware? I am on about 75 devices, and would likely add more if the 2nd hub solution wasn't so tricky. I know RadioRA was/is probably the proper solution for me but requiring a dealer for every little thing makes it a non-starter for me so it not like Caseta cannibalized an RA sale....

Happy to add yet a third better hub to replace the other two if that's the only option in the future

Cheers,
    Andy
    Hey Andy,

I am hoping that one day there will be a better migration path for users who want to "upgrade" their systems...Caseta->Radio RA2, Radio RA2->Homeworks QS, etc. It is feedback yours that helps us drive innovation, so I will be sure to pass it along to the appropriate parties.

Thank you,
    Zach

3. Thanks digit1 thanked for this post
    Likes digit1 liked this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Did you try a power cycle of the Smart Bridge (the one that has the "ghost device")? This should clear out any data that the bridge is hanging on to. Also, I shared your HomeKit device naming experience with our development team this morning and we will be working with Apple to address what you (and I) were seeing over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach R. View Post
    Did you try a power cycle of the Smart Bridge (the one that has the "ghost device")? This should clear out any data that the bridge is hanging on to. Also, I shared your HomeKit device naming experience with our development team this morning and we will be working with Apple to address what you (and I) were seeing over the weekend.
    I have cycled a few times with no luck. (Even leaving it unplug for an hour). Will try again.

Awesome, thanks Zach! At this point I don't think I want to upgrade the entire system from Caseta to RadioRA (or anything else given the time and expense at this point), but if there is a new hub with more capabilities than the existing ones I'd be happy to upgrade that thing. Even better would be a firmware upgrade programmed with arrays larger than 50, but if spending for a new hub helps entice Lutron, I'm in :)

Cheers,
    Andy
    Last edited by AndyWa; 01-31-2017 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Removed quoted material

What I did and would suggest if possible is to move all devices that don't need Alexa control to a second hub. For example I moved all my outdoor lights operating on a timed schedule to the second hub. I'm good for now but home someone will figure how to hack the hub and remove the device limit.

8. Thanks Cpearcy thanked for this post
    Likes Cpearcy liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by malba2366 View Post
    What I did and would suggest if possible is to move all devices that don't need Alexa control to a second hub. For example I moved all my outdoor lights operating on a timed schedule to the second hub. I'm good for now but home someone will figure how to hack the hub and remove the device limit.
    Its a good plan, and actually how I have done it. Outside lights, some of the shades with picos. Doing it this way also has one bonus side effect, the lights that are always on (or on a timer) no longer show up as a "light left on" when I leave the house.

I also would have no trouble if I needed a new hub to be able to expand the system. It would be so much easier.

10. Likes Cpearcy liked this post
    does the app count as a device for the limit?
    Is there a menu option that gives you total device count or do we have manually scroll and count on the app each time?

I am now at 50 devices including app and bridge. will have to get a second hub for outside lights and them onto it.
    I wonder if I can add. bunch of Picos to the 2nd hub But control devices on the first hub? this will offset some of the device load too.

@Lutron - can a feature be added where we can pay for an extra 25 devices. I think Lutron underestimated the popularity of the pico - where a lot of the device count gets used.
    or perhaps remove picos from the limit?

Quote Originally Posted by Blurum View Post
    does the app count as a device for the limit?
    Is there a menu option that gives you total device count or do we have manually scroll and count on the app each time?

I am now at 50 devices including app and bridge. will have to get a second hub for outside lights and them onto it.
    I wonder if I can add. bunch of Picos to the 2nd hub But control devices on the first hub? this will offset some of the device load too.

@Lutron - can a feature be added where we can pay for an extra 25 devices. I think Lutron underestimated the popularity of the pico - where a lot of the device count gets used.
    or perhaps remove picos from the limit?
    App does not count as a device, but the bridge does. I have just been scrolling and counting devices. Some of the third party apps do show device count connected to the bridge.
    You can not control a light on Hub1 from a pico on Hub2. You can how ever connect 1 pico to both hubs and control lights on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
    You can not control a light on Hub1 from a pico on Hub2. You can how ever connect 1 pico to both hubs and control lights on both.
    Thx for the advice Sawdust. I will look to offload the outside lights and perhaps cut down on some of the pico craziness.

If I understand your quote correctly -
    1)I can connect a a PICO to both hubs - assign dimmers from both hubs to this Pico and control them. This was the "hidden " feature mentioned on other threads...
    2) This will not help me with the limit on the almost full hub as the Pico is still assigned as a device on both hubs.

I have a couple of shades and at least 3 of my sonos speakers on Picos - I use voice for shades but just realized I can move the sonos picos to a second for temporary relief. I rarely use voice for sonos due to the limited integration options and hoping that their Alexa integration is here by 3Q.
    Perhaps I need to re-use my Yonomi app for more advanced options especially with sonos as it would be nice to have voice control most things.

@Litron Support - any chance of Lutron not counting SONOS Picos towards device limit ?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast