Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Caseta Wireless P-BDG-PKG1W Install Humming Issues

Caseta Wireless P-BDG-PKG1W Install Humming Issues

Yesterday I installed a P-BDG-PKG1P kit in my kitchen. I replaced all the bulbs with Feit 850 lumen 2700K Dimmable LED BR40 (Item Number: BR40DM/10KLED/MP/12), rated at 12.5watts. I have 8 bulbs on a 3 way switch for a total of 100watts (12.5 * 8). When I turned on the lights on full 100% there was a strong humming sound from every bulb, then as I dimmed down to lower levels the humming decreased as well. I am not finding much on what might be causing the humming. I thought maybe my kit was only a single pole and in doing research PD-6WCL Home Depot states it is a single pole while Lowes states it is a double pole 3 way switch so looking for clarification and suggestions.

Thank you for the help.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Lutron-Case...immer/50449012

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lutron-Ca...WH-R/206828225

http://www.feit.com/led-lamps/perfor...m-10kled-mp-12

The issue is just a "incompatible" bulb. (some leds like to hum on the Lutron dimmers) Lutron does have a list of approved bulbs. I have had good luck with Philips brand leds.

I guess I will have to try other ones but I even checked their compatibility tool and it says those bulbs work
    With my system

This is purely anecdotal based on what I've read in various forums, but a number of people have reported humming with Feit bulbs. I'm using Utilitech Pro 60W dimmable A19 bulbs purchased from Lowes, and haven't heard any buzzing.
    Philips has great feedback, but they're not as cost efficient unless you get in on a good sale.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertitan View Post
    I guess I will have to try other ones but I even checked their compatibility tool and it says those bulbs work
    With my system
    I took a quick look through our LED compatibility tools yesterday and wasn't able to find that exact model number bulb. If you send an email to systemsupport@lutron.com and reference this forum post, we could help you find a comparable LED bulb that has less buzzing.

I tried 2 other brands yesterday from HD Phillips 046677465254 9W LED BR40 and they worked great.

7. Likes Sawdust liked this post