Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What is an ccd-trans-bl

What is an ccd-trans-bl

I was going through a box of RA2 stuff we had in the shop and came across this unit. It's black in color, otherwise looks like a repeater, and is labeled CCD-TRANS-BL. I can't find reference to this part number.

anyone have any idea what it is or does?

Really, nobody knows? Heres a couple pictures of the thing...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2105.JPG   IMG_2106.JPG  

Low voltage receivers and infrared receivers, Class 2
    , Model(s)
    CCD-AUX-REP* May be followed by additional alphanumeric characters for commercial purposes only. May be preceded by an alphanumeric character denoting country of origin.

CCD-TRANS-BL may be followed by additional alphanumeric characters for commercial purposes only. May be preceded by an alphanumeric character denoting country of origin.

CCD-VCRX* may be followed by additional alphanumeric characters for commercial purposes only. Models may be preceded by an alphanumeric character denoting country of origin.

If I had to guess I'd say it's a bridge to go from clear connect RF to serial. Kinda like the qse-ci-nwk-e.

CCD being commercial lighting, it's a bridge from there to some other kind of control system. My guess, anyway.

It works with my RA2 System - I use it as a Black Main Repeater

It works with my RA2 System - I use it as a RA2 Main Repeater and run two of them in my own install. The only difference I can see is that it is Black. Anyhow - I have a few of these from an installer that closed up shop. I put a few in my rentals too.

I think it has something to do with AMX's Clear Connect System but not 100% sure.

Anyhow - just upgraded both to 11.0 with zero issues.

Hope this helps you!

Does anyone have an CCD-TRANS? I am really looking for an AMX NXB-CCG - I think they are the same. If anyone knows the answer or has one to sell please let me know.
    Thanks, Greg.